Latest threads in BMW Cars and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

325 knocking,.. please take a listen.
Mp3 here: 'm not that net savvy so I hope this works. At 145k miles, my "previously owned" '88 325 makes this sound when I first start it up. I've only owned it about 500 miles now and it's getting...
12
12

cool car insurance compare site
here is a cool site to check if you are being over charged for auto insurance

in California, any Doc fees etc for leasing?
When buying or leasing a BMW in California, is there Doc fees or any other fees? Sometimes the dealer just add on whatever fees and we as the consumer just sign the contract and pay for it. I am...
4
4

Buying from individual, used BMW 325i
So I found a nice 2003 bmw 325i. sport/premium package. Nice color, very low miles. 21K. Sound about right? I think it's pretty good. Here's a question: He says he has the title. How do I make sure? I...
9
9

Fun to drive cars other than BMW
I think maybe a BMW is too much for me. I liked driving it and the rear wheel drive, but I just couldn't hack the constant breakdowns they apparently have. Transmissions...water pumps...window...
22
22

330 Touring
My brother - who lives at the other end of the country to me in the UK - is looking at a '00 330 Touring which is for sale privately at well below the trade price for a one private owner low mileage...
1
1

Rough idle in 520i E34/M50
Hi, I have several problems with my 520i and will appreciate any help to evaluate them before looking at it or going to the stealer. The car is an 520i, bought new by me in 1994, engine M50, 154,000...
2
2

BMW M5 Touring VS Mercedes Benz E63 AMG Estate
If you didn't catch Sunday's Top Gear here's one of the highlights. Mr Clarkson compares BMW's mighty M5 Touring with the Mercedes E63 AMG Estate. Video here: NewsHub: News from car websites, portals...

Blank Check Car Finance
Blank Check Car Finance Blank check car loans typically only work in a certain way to protect both the lenders and the borrowers. The borrower, once they are approved, fills out the check that is...

Why are most 3 series autos? More on transmissions
My Toyota has 180K miles on it and the transmission is good as new (auto). I'm sorry to beat a dead horse. I just can't understand why BMW in SOME of their cars used an inferior POS GM transmission...
33
33

Wheel locks - best??
e46 need new lock & lock lugs, mine are now mangled from normal use. What are the best as far as quality of stud/durability of lock interface (not get chewed up like shit sold at K Mart!) Anything...
1
1

leaking fuel, 525 touring 96
Hi Filled the bimmer to the top the other day, just under 80 quid ouch! next day, inside and outside stank of fuel, gauge was down too. I have had a look underneath while the car was on a lift I can...
9
9

Tyre radius question
I know it's a dumb question, but it's really annoying me. The weight of a car flattens the tyre where it meets the road, so the radius is less. Does an underinflated tyre affect the speedo reading?
13
13

Z3 Power top Issues - Reprise
I have seen a few posts dated from years past about Z3 convertible top electrical issues, but never heard/saw any resolution. Since my 2000 Z3 2.3 is still plagued by such gremlims, I shall pose the...

Clutch Replacement
I received conflicting opinions about replacing the clutch in my 1997 328i (88 K miles). 1. From an independent BMW shop: "Don't let it go too far or you'll have to replace the flywheel too."...
4
4