Latest threads in BMW Cars and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Alternative LED bulbs - ECU confusion?
Can anyone advise me if fitting after market LED bulbs in indicators, side adn brake lights confuse the onboard computer? I prefer the more responsive light they offer but don't want the car dinging...
35
35

Z3 Coupé 3.0i fuel gauge & DTE issues
I know that I must not insist filling the tank when it's full. Unfortunately for some reason the gas pump wasn't working correctly and I did it again. I already had issues around 50000 km with...
2
2

False bulb failure warning.
!997 528i. Graphic display shows occasional o/s rear or brake bulb failures. Warning could come on, then a mile down the road go off again. A few minutes later it might come back on. Only just started...
7
7

88 735i Heater Core Fixed But..........
I recently had the heater core replaced in my car and now the wipers don't work, rear parking lights won't turn on and few other problems. Fuses are working and mechanic does not know what's wrong....
2
2

OBDII Scanner - E46
Folks: For my 2000 323i (E46) I am thinking about purchasing an OBDII scanner, I also have a Chevy truck 1996. Does anyone have recommendation or know where there are reviews to find a good scanner, I...
8
8

1986 325es radiator overheats in traffic
Hello All, happy Friday! My 1986 BMW 325es runs hotter in traffice and when I am on highway (or motorway for you Europeans!) it cools down a little bit. The car has 215k miles on it and eversince I...
3
3

leak along back fender
I have a 2003 330 CSI convertible. Along the back fender (opposite side of the gas tank) there is a light blackish leak. It seems to be coming from under the car and as I drive, it sprays up alongside...

BMW Hindenburg?
A thoughtful piece written by Jerry Flint, Senior Automotive editor at Forbes magazine, has been posted on the Edmunds' website. In it, Flint expresses his doubts that hydrogen powered cars are...
6
6

New xenon headlights question? burn in time?
A friend of mine was riding with me one night(in my 330i) and could not believe how awesome the Xenons were in my car. So, he decided to do allot of homework, and order a conversion kit for his car(a...
2
2

'88 325 - starts hard - check engine light on
My new to me 144k 325 which has been a joy to drive for 108 trouble free miles needed lot's of cranking to start this morning. I crank in 10 sec tries and then rest. I guess it took about 5 tries. It...
7
7

upgrade
I switched the 5 and the 3 on my badging, and now I have a faster car thats worth 30,000$ more. damn I'm clever
4
4

Miles Per Gallon Gauge
I have a 84 BMW 528e I need some help to find out why the gauge does not read but it comes on when I turn the power on.
2
2

E46 330ci squealing clutch
For some time now the clutch on my 2005 330ci has given a squeal when i start it from cold. That is if I start it up in the morning the engine fires and at the same time or just after there's a short...
6
6

Clanky steering on E46 coupe
Ok - one more to throw out there. Got my e46 coupe. I know it has the sports suspension but felt a bit too much play on the steering. Turned out that the reaction bushes (back of the wishbone on the...
1
1

All 07 3 series come with run flats?
Is that right? I thought it was just the sport package, but I think they're on the base also. My thinking was stiffer sidewalls would be needed with larger rims of the sport package, thus...
13
13