Latest threads in BMW Cars and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Noisy timing chain
I have a 1994 525i. I just had the water pump and fan clutch done and while it was in the shop they asked me if I had been hearing the noise from the front of the engine. They showed me on my car...
4
4

I made a BMW E46 Group on Flickr...
... if eny interest have a look here: couple of people has uploaded some sweet BMW photos. Br Bjarne The safest and most inclusive global community of photography enthusiasts. The best place for...

Engine Model in 323i/325i (E90) ?

E36 325i Engine in E36 323i
Hi All, Currently I own a BMW 323i Saloon R-reg 1998 manual with 143k miles on clock. I got serious problem with my existing engine. A blown head-gasket as many has suggested an repairs are costly...
7
7

DIY oil changes
Are they easy to do on BMWs? Is the oil drain plug easy enough to get to or do you have to "jack the car up"? On my car (non BMW) there is about 6-8 inches between the plug and the ground which is...
19
19

E46 locking/alarm
I have an E30 at the moment with no alarms etc. I am considering an 02/03 E46 convertible. Is it possible to lock the car without arming the alarm - for e.g. to leave a dog in the car without...
8
8

Damaged Air Filter
I purchased a used BMW about six months ago from a BMW dealer. I have had problems with exhaust related items and have spent a lot of money fixing it. The car repair people (they have an excellent...
2
2

E36 power backrest
I fixed my passenger set-back in April 2006, with a new gear from Many moons have passed since that post. Passenger seat recline is still good. Drivers seat recline stopped today; or should I say...
8
8

Re: where can i find the last maps for mine navigation bmw 530 year 2003
BMW dealer is your best bet in the UK they are doing a swap for you old CD/DVD for the new one for £100 against £250. Otherwise have a look on eBay.
5
5

Locating tilt sensor on 2002 325xi wagon
I am considering installing a factory alarm and would like to know how to mount the tilt sensor in the RH side of the wagon. At present, there is the rear window washer resevoir in the spot reserved...
1
1

Mileage on 1991 318i 333000 kms plus
Whats the opinion of this type of mileage on this car. What could be some issues.
3
3

Make Mini-Cooper Clutch Easier To Push?
Hi, My daughter wants a Mini-Cooper but finds the clutch pedal takes much too much force, especially the "S". Is there an adjustment or an aftermarket replacement that would require less foot effort?...
17
17

Flat spots and hesitation o 730d anybody experienced this E65
Hi Folks I have a NEW (well 8 months old) E65 730d SE UK version with the 238BHP turbo diesel + Auto. The power and torque is phenomenal compared to my old E38 740i but there is a persistent flat spot...
9
9

Brake noise
I have a 2005 Z4 which I drive a couple times a week. When backing up I notice the breaks make a loud grinding noise as they are applied and released (car moving slightly with breaks applied). Any...
4
4

Fuel return line
I posted here few times about the problems with my Pierburg 1B2 carburetor ('87 316). I now have Weber 32 ADF that I am about to fit in the place of 1B2, and I noticed that Weber has fuel return...