88 325 is - Replacing Transmission Lines

Hey Folks,

My transmission was recently replaced and after driving the car for about a month the lines started leaking badly. I could have hit a speed bump or something, but in any case I'm looking to replace the lines.

My mechanic told me it's a 2 hr job. I'm handy so it looks like a 20 minute job to me. Since I'm no expert I'm posting here.

What do you folks think? Can I tackle this myself or should I hand the job over to a professional?

Most advice here has always been on point and is much appreciated.

L.R.

Reply to
Lance Reichert

When I tried this on my Honda engined Rover 800 I found that the unions going into and from the radiator oil cooler were seized solid.

Before messing about check that you can actually undo the nuts and bolts and union connections. Watch you don't lose fluid over the floor and keep it if you do drip some out as the real stuff is very expensive.

Reply to
hsg

Only the newer models. The 4HP22 uses plain Dexron ATF. No need for exotic fluids in this tranny.

Reply to
Bob Smitter