Best Rated threads in BMW Cars and SUVsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Continuing E30 Charging problems
Review: Car runs until battery goes dead, when jumped starts and runs again... for a while. Battery tests bad and is replaced, alternator tests good. Problem remains. Just got the alternator back in...
13
13

E34 M50 hesitation on cold start
my '92 525i hesitates on cold start. however, car starts right up with no hesitation if i turn key to on pos a couple times before actually turning over starter. fuel pump? BTW, car only has 42,000...
4
4

door seal squeaks, will talcum powder fix it?
My door seal squeaks while slowing down or riding over bumpy roads. The body shop looked at it and somewhat adjusted the door lock - how tight it is. They said to regularly apply a water-based rubber...
11
11

Unexplained stalling
Have 1984 528i E28 289,000 Km. About 2 weeks ago engine died while driving. After about 1 minute motor restarted as if nothing was wrong. This happened several more times. Noticed that the tacho went...
5
5

Driving 525xi in bad snow?
We're considering buying the 525xi, but I continue to be worried about the car in Chicago weather. We drive an SUV now with 4WD, which is great in snow/sleet. Is the 525xi really good in inclement...
23
23

BMW DIS -CONNECTION FAILURE
Please help, Our BMW DIS Machne after properly connect it to the car,it says "THE DIAGNOSTIC HEAD YOU HAVE SELECTED IS LOGICALLY ALLOCATED TO THE OPERATING UNIT and the gives two options 1.DISAP 2.USE...

Left Lower Dash Panel-E36
Trying to replace the heater fan speed control in my 97 328 following directions in the Bentley and some I found in Bimmerforms. I've removed the three screws that hold the left lower dash panel...

BMW M3 3.2 conversion to LPG
Hi What do you think about converting a BMW M3 3.2 to LPG? In terms of reliability of the engine, LPG as no problems? thanks! joão nuno portugal
3
3

Banjo Bolt Story (m30 -- oil spray bar)
Just had to share this story. I had read a lot about the banjo bolts on the spray bar coming loose on the m30 engine. I checked the service records for our car, and bmw did perform the "service" for...
2
2

flickering xenon headlights
I have a 2000 BMW 328i and I recently noticed that my headlights are flickering intermittently. What could cause this problem? Please HELP....
3
3

E30 318i valve lifter ticking
Hi, Having just bougth a 1990 E30 318i at 105k with the M40 engine First job was to change the oil. There then appeared a fairly loud tic tic tic from the cam area that wasnt there before. This noise...
3
3

E46 & E 39 Coil recall?
My wife just had to have her 2003 E46 towed in for a HORRIBLE misfire. Turned out that the coils were bad on two cyl's. A few months ago my 2003 E39 had to go through a similar repair, but for only...
6
6

How Do I Add Alpha Name Tag, CMT-1000 BMW Phone
OK, I know it's an old dinosaur phone, but it works, and I am an old dinosaur! Phone is in a 1994 E32 740iL, original factory phone. I have searched with no luck for a manual for this phone, can...

OBDII code P1622 - Map cooling control circuit???
I have a "98 740 with this error code. Anyone know what it is?
1
1

more legroom
I realized yesterday that the passenger seat in my '98 318ti provides more rearward travel than the driver's seat. I bought the car second hand in February and the dealer told me it was a one-owner...
6
6

Air circulation option
My 2001 330ci has an air circulation option. One is supposedly used when the AC system is set to auto. The other is for "non" auto. I can't think of a single reason to have this switch. When...
17
17

e38 - Engine tick / tappet problem??
Hi I have a 2000 740. I have owned 2 previous 740s, and a 745Li. None of my previous cars have had this behaviour that my latest 740 has developed. At idle the car seems to 'tap / tick'. This is...
8
8

HELP! Tell me if my 1989 e34 525i motor has just died. Wont't start. Timing belt? Fuel system? Starter? AArrgh!! URGENT
Hello everyone, Everyone PLEASE respond to this posting. I own a 1989 525i e34 with just shy of 300km (I'm in Canada). Yesterday about 20 seconds from pulling into my driveway my car suffered a very...
6
6

275 wide rear tires on '02 330ci?
Will these fit without rolling the fender lip? How 'bout 255s?
6
6

BMW 520I E28 M20 idle problem
Hi everybody! I have some trouble with the engine..At 286.000km the main gasket blew and I got a "new" engine in. After that a lot of trouble started: 1) The idle speed is 1500 rpm (warm, autochoke...
4
4