Best Rated threads in BMW Cars and SUVsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

EDC rattle
Need help....BMW 740i 1997 with EDC. I ahave a strange nocking/rattle when driving caused by small bumps on the road. The strange thing is it only occurs after driving for about half an hour. had...

E36 P1421 P1423 codes
1998 E36 M3 check engine light came on a few weeks ago Autozone code reader found P1421 & P1423: BMW specific codes A search of the net finds that these codes indicate low oxygen in both exhaust...
4
4

E30 M10 a/c compressor mounting bracket
I have '87 E30 with M10 engine, and I am in a process of fitting a/c from a wrecked car. It's time to fit a/c compressor now (everything else is finished :-) My first question is: does the compressor...
12
12

E39 UK wired phone / Motorola v50
My E39 is wired for a phone and has the satnav/tv etc, multi-function=20 steering wheel and the armrest with the cradle for the phone. I have been informed it is designed for a Motorola v50. I have...
6
6

1990 E30 M40 hot start problem
I have an 1990 318i that is hard to start when the engine is hot but start with no problems when the engine is cold (in the morning). When the engine is hot, if I turned it off and started it again...
3
3

330d turbo noise
I have an E46 330d, which has just starting making a significant hiss or possibly scraping noise when accelerating briskly. It appears almost instantly you put your foot down and dissappears as soon...

Solution - E46 330ci sticky throttle, power surge, step change in power, unpredictable acceleration
Hi all I am just reporting back on the solution to my "sticky throttle" / "surge" / "sluggishness at low power" / "step change in power" problem on my E46 330ci. Just as a recap, the car felt sluggish...
3
3

shift lever disconnected
325i '87 200K miles My stick (shift lever) is completely disconnected from everything, and is just dangling loose. It's stuck in 5th gear. There is no way to change the gear. Before that, it was...

soggy brake pedal
Help I recently changed the master cyl on a 3 series because the pedal was sinking I have pressure bled the system 3 times but the problem remains any ideas??
7
7

E30 charging problem solved
So I still don't know why the alternator passed its bench test, but I picked up a second hand voltage regulator from a very nice chap online and swapped it in and all is well. The brushes on my old...
4
4

Is a 1985/1986 BMW 325e equipped with a check engine light?
Is a 1985/1986 BMW 325e equipped with a check engine light? I have had a problem with obtaining a SMOG certificate because the "check engine" light did not come on. All other emission tests have...
1
1

1984 BMW 318i Overheating
I have a well loved 318i Tourer. It recently started overheating. The cooling system didn't seem damaged in any way, and i assumed it was the water pump - so replaced it. This helped for a while, but...
5
5

2002 Z3: radio code not working
Hi Folks, I took my 2002 Z3 to the dealership service station for a battery change and they returned the car with the radio stuck at "Code Wait" mode. The service representative also gave me the radio...
6
6

Replacing corrode fuel pipe
My 1987 BMW fuel piping is getting rather corroded, and is now leaking just after the fuel filter. I would like to replace the whole length from the filter (at back of car) through to the the...
11
11

Ford Injector upgrade for M30 engine.
We suspect some dirty / bad injectors as an issue for my M30 engine. I have read about a Ford mustang injector "ugprade" that helps smooth out some idle issues. I picked up a set for relatively low...
8
8

1974 Bavaria for sale
I am the original owner of an immaculate 1974 BMW Bavaria 3 litre 4 door sedan. The car has 52,000 miles on it and has never seen a speck of road salt. It has been kept in a garage in Philadelphia...

2000 E46 won't start
Hi all, I'm the proud owner of 2000 323CI with 65k miles on it. I love driving my car, but I must say that at times the reliability of it is less than perfect... and repair bills cost a mint. During...
6
6

New 2.0d fuel consumption
Official combined fuel consumption figures for a 2005 320d Touring is 47.9 mpg. On my cars first tank of fuel (engine not run in) I got about 40 mpg on mixed open road and town driving. I guess this...
15
15

BMW Reverse and cd-changer
Hello, I need to figure this out: Can BMW radio-cassette reverse control a cd-changer placed in the trunk? TIA
11
11

SMG vs. Steptronic
I am buying a new series and have a choice of the SMG or Steptronic. They look to have the same functions (i.e. automatic or manual) except SMG also comes with paddle shifters. Opinions on which to...
8
8