Best Rated threads in BMW Cars and SUVsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

M50 timing chain guide
In Sept., 94, the M50 engine gets an all plastic timing chain guide. Before that, the chain guide is aluminum with a plastic insert. My 95 525i is built in May, 94. It came with an aluminum chain...

735i Overheating problem
Just purchased a used BMW 91 735i. Immediately changed the heater core because of overheating problems. The car ran fine for almost exactly 1 week. Checked the coolant level and needed to add 1 gallon...
10
10

92 735i (e32) Retrofit heated seats.
I have a chance to pick up some new seats (to replace my cracked seats) for a lot less than reupholstering mine. They are heated seats, complete. Did the cars come with the heated seats "wiring" in...

bmw twin headlights for 316
a friend asked me if i could find a set of twin headlights for his beloved 1982 bmw ( X reg )316 (E21..? ). i seem to be struggerling. all the head lights i seem to find are incorrect. CAN ANY BODY...
2
2

Rear licence plate rattle advice pls
I've got an E83 and have noticed that the rear licence plate rattles. It's got a German plate on it, meaning a long rectangular licence plate that is clipped into a standard plastic bracket...
14
14

E39 shakes at highway speeds
My 2001 525i starts to shake once i hit about 65 mph. When I reach around 80 or so the shaking stops. What could be the cause of this and what should I look for "under the hood" Thanks Jason
17
17

Bmw Etk 3/2005 + Tis 1/2005 + Wds 3/2005
Now in stock: BMW ETK (Electronic Parts Catalog) 3/2005 (2 CDs) + BMW TIS (Technical Information System) 1/2005 (1 CD) + BMW WDS (Wiring Diagram System) V5.0 3/2005 (1 DVD). E-mail your geographic...

post 94 e36 fuel pump/lines
Hi guys, I have a small problem with my car's fuel delivery system and I was wondering if anyone could help me. Since the day I got it, it takes a while to start (always starts enventually though). I...
6
6

e36 Rear view fell off.
Wife advised her rear view mirror had fallen off over night. On checking, there was a hunk of glass broken off the windscreen and still attached to the mirrow stalk. I'm hoping to super glue it back...
4
4

Tape cassette stuck in player.
I have the regular BMW Business Radio/Cassette head unit in my 1999 318ti. The tape plays fine, but when I press the eject button, the mechanism chitters and doesn't eject the tape. The display...
4
4

BMW 328i Mis Firing at low RPM
hi All, Was wondering having a few problem with my 328i i just put a recon engine into it im having trouble with it mis firing, now it only starts to mis fire when it reaches operating temp and when i...
5
5

Oil leak through head gasket - tightening head bolts...
I am going to tighten my head bolts as a possible easy fix for an oil leak on a very high mileage 1990 325is. It seems to be leaking between cyclinder 4 and 5. The leak is on the exhaust side. One...
19
19

Location for cooling fan relay 99 323i?
Electric cooling fan runs all the time after engine shutdown, I need to find out where the relay that controls the fan is located. I already disconnected the temp sensor and removed the fuse and the...
1
1

E36 vs E46 vs E34 vs E30
Is 3xx in E46 chassis much worse than E36 reliability wise? Anything aside from expensive suspension parts and halogen bulb housings falling apart quickly I should be watching for in e46? Pass on...
3
3

BMW E46 Fault code!! Rotation Rate sensor
i have a 325 e46 convertible, 2002 model. i work away on ships and left the car standing for 2 and half months, when i got home and started it the DSC lights on the dash sayed on which mans ive got no...