Best Rated threads in BMW Cars and SUVsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

E30 mouse nest in glove box
As I took my car out of the barn this morning I saw a mouse run across the driveway. I didn't think anything of it until I got to work and opened the glove box. Inside was a shredded package of...
7
7

Flaking paint on mirror bracket
I have a '99 323is, and on both mirrors, the "stuff" that covers the mirror brackets is flaking off. I'd like to repair this - is it just paint, or something else? It seems to have a rougher feel than...

Uk - BMW 316i Cam belt change
At what mileage hould i get the cam belt changed its just done 65k and does anyone know how much its likely to cost?
2
2

sputtering bmw
I have an '84 318i coupe E30 that runs very well. However, on rare occassion the rpm's will drop to 1000-1100rpms and hover. When one attempts to press gas pedal, the car doesn't die but rather acts...
4
4

P0141 02 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 2)
My son has a 98 Escort GT. 2.0, the check engine light has been on for a while with the code P0141 02 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 2), but the car still ran ok. Just recently the...
9
9

e46 left tail lights dimmer than right??
A strange one this... After many months of intermitant warnings on the dash that my RHS tail light was faulty I had a poke around and dicovered that if a wiggled the wires entering the connector block...
4
4

[E39] Floaty steering at hwy speeds
Has anyone experienced floaty/twitchy steering on their e39 at highway speeds (say 80 mph)? The best I could describe it is as if you were kept getting hit by crosswinds and had to keep correcting the...
35
35

735i '88 Oil Pressure Sensor
I have a 1988 735i with 125,000 miles and the oil pressure sensor message came on a few weeks ago after the first below freezing night. The mechanic changed the sensor and checked the car out and...
11
11

Can’t SHIFT to Reverse, my last hope. Please Help! :(
Hi all. It pains me to report that I?m having no luck with my car (1989 535i). It seems that when I try to shift into reverse or drive, etc. nothing happens. Nada. The car turns on fine and is...
2
2

e30 325 alternator ground...
Can anyone describe the path the alternator chassis takes to ground on an e30 325ix? I'm having continuing charging problems and I'm pretty sure I've narrowed it down to a bad ground. This came...
10
10

BMW 1994 525 TD E34 DIESEL FUEL PUMP HELP
THE FUEL PUMP HAS STARTED LEAKING FROM THE TOP COVER. CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW BIG A JOB IT IS TO FIT A SECOND HAND PUMP. DOES THE TIMING CASE ETC HAVE TO COME OFF? AND DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERES ONLY...

e36 3i6i auto box doesnt change down
Hi guys , i have a 93 bmw 316i automatic. It often changes into a higher gear and doesnt change down...imagine driving around in 3rd all day! This has plagued me for over a year and i lived with it as...
4
4

BMW reset tool
I have an 84 733i, and I've been working on fixing several of the problems in the car. One of the last ones that immediately concern me is the temperature gauge, which doesn't budge. The sender is...
2
2

Whistling transmission
And it ain't whistlin' Dixie. When I first start out driving my transmission makes a whistling noise. After a while the noise stops. The car doesn't seem to have any problems with the driveability,...
8
8

PLS HLP: E46 M3 competition package!!
Hi, I have a question about the E46 competition package... it appears to me, that when you have a car with the competition package, you loose the multi-function steering wheel and get the steering...
13
13

E60 Seat Belt Rattle
Hi I have a 2003 E60 (530D). It has a very annoying problem in that the seat belt anchor rattles. It makes a sort of ticking sound. I've tried fiddling around with the belt and can't get it to cure...
1
1

E46 AC - does it always runs in recirc mode?
I posted this three weeks ago but it never appeared on my News Server, although it did appear on Google Groups. But I didn't receive any responses, so I'll give it one more try. Does anyone know if...
20
20

318 is e36 bogs down under acceleration
I am still battling a problem with my 93 318is for about 10 months now. It runs strong when cold but as it reaches normal operating temp, it seems to bog down when the accelerator is applied medium to...
2
2

Removing E39 front bumper.
I can usually sus things out for myself, but this has me stumped. My problem is removing the black grilles alongside the fog lights, to get at the upward facing bolts holding the bumper. According to...
1
1

E46 330ci spark plug advice
Hi there I need to buy some spark plugs for my 2001 E46 330ci M54 for the next service. I don't fancy paying BMW prices, so a number of questions: Who makes the plugs for BMW for this model? Are the...
6
6