Best Rated threads in BMW Cars and SUVsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

M30 Head-Intake Swap
Is it feasible to swap a head (and intake manifold) from a '91 735i m30b35 to an '86 535i m30b34? Could the intake from the '91 735i fit the '86 535i with it's original m30b34 head? I have a chance to...
3
3

ZKE Error Codes
The General module ( ZKE) in my E39 reports a DTC code of 94. I have not found out what this means. Can anyone enlighten me?
1
1

S: BMW Autoradio BM24 TMC 65.12-6 907 130
Hi All, Subject for sale - pulled from my X5 due to bluetooth upgrade - in perfect working order. Will Sell and Ship for Any offer worth 100USD or equivalent Regards, Henrik (denmark)
1
1

E34 Rear Shock Tower (129k)
I have recently determined that what I had believed was a squeeky shock actually turned out to be a broken rear shock tower. Looking for guidence on a fair price for replacing. Also, I assume it makes...
2
2

99 323is hitches when accelerating
I have a '99 323is that hitches or sputters when I am accelerating at RPMs less than 2000. If I give it a little gas, it is less likely to do it than if I give it a lot (but what fun is that?) I have...
3
3

Bmw 318i fuses/Relays + central locking/electric windows
Hi there, Does anyone know what each fuse in the engine compartment covers? And also what each of the relays covers as well. I have the service manual but it does not list this what I consider to...

318ti won't turn off
Hi, I don't know if this has happened to anyone else but I need suggestions as to what it may be. I started my 318ti and drove it a short way but when I went to turn it off the key turned off and came...
8
8

1996 bmw 318ti...engine code 420???
i have this code 420 from my scanner obd-11. catalyst system efficiency below threshold bank-1 anyone know what that means...maybe my cat is bad??????...hope not$$$$$.
7
7

E36 tyre pressure - Upgrade
Hi, I've recently changed from 15" wheels to 17" wheels on my 318ti compact. Can anyone help me with a method to calculate the correct tyre pressure to run my new wheels at? The new tyres are 225 45...
21
21

does a e46 330xi have a CDV also???
does a e46 330xi have a CDV also??? It took me 500klms to get the feel for my 330, but now and then, it seems impossible to get the shift perfect... as if it is the car and not me! I have heard about...
1
1

Re: E34 535i Compression Loss
go to this site and post the same question...it is an e34 specialty site that can help you out for sure!

E34 535i Compression Loss
Has anyone experienced similar to the following and can shed any light on the cause, before I either refit my cylinder head or take my piston out to check the rings? Compression test (engine cold &...
1
1

differences between 2 litre e34 and e39 engine blocks
Does anyone knows for sure that 1997. 520i e39 engine block can be substituted by an older 1994. 520i e34 block? Issue is that e39 has Nikasil treated engine bores and on the 5th cilinder it has a...
4
4

EEP-2 Dash Error MESSAGE!!! HELP!!! (E36)
Help!!! Have an '97 318IS with what was intermittent, but is now a permanent problem. Message eep-2 (not eep-1) message is displayed where mileage should be...AND, the fuel, temp, speedo and tach...

Procedure for taking door panel off of 1994 740i
Hello All, As the subject says, I'm trying to find the procedure for removing the drivers side front door panel. I need to change the door lock actuator. I have spent some time looking for covered up...
1
1

525 TDS - hesitation on acceleration - possible causes ?
I have a 525TDS SE Auto 1995 which is now in generally good health, but I get an annoying hesitation when accelerating from about 2000rpm. It has been suggested that the fuel regulator/pressure should...

Check Engine Light Won't Go Out
I have a 99 M3 (E36), and the check engine light won't go away. The BMW dealer has replaced the oxygen sensor, gas cap, and done a tune-up on one visit. The light came back on in a few days. After...
4
4

E30 316 engine problems
Hi, my BMW e30 316 from 1990 has a strange problem: when changing gear and giving it about half throttle, the engine sometimes stalls for a very short time (about a tenth of a second). It is so bad it...
2
2

'95 525i M50 Fuel Pressure
Hey Folks, Pressure gauge in fuel supply line just before the rail indicates about 40psi system pressure. Bentley manual lists it at 51psi give or take 1psi. I'm guessing this the cause of my...
1
1

Ultimate radio reception in an e46
Hi guys, I've been thinking about getting an MP3-capable HU to replace the Business CD unit in my 2000 323i. I'm on the road in the boonies a lot, and there are a few radio stations I really like in...
19
19