Best Rated threads in BMW Cars and SUVsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

P1738 - Pressure Control Solenoid "C" Electrical (BMW)
What, and where, is the Pressure Control Solenoid "C" on a '98 7 Series. This is my brother-in-law's car. He's reporting that the car does not shift properly -- I've not ridden in the car and I cannot...
1
1

High Mileage 540i?
I am a newbee to this group. I have always lusted over the M5 and 540i, but could never afford one. I found a 2000 540i with a 6-speed this weekend with 137,000 "highway" miles on it. Is this...
12
12

E36: How to reattach leather covered insert on inner door panel?
My 1994 325is has leather that covers the handle and center part of the inner door panel. On both doors, the leather has contracted and pulled away from the door (probably due to the extreme summer...
5
5

How to replace LEDs in e36 instrument cluster?
I have a 1995 M3 with three LEDs out in the dash -- dark spots in the speedo, fuel gauge, and tach. How hard is it to replace these myself? How hard is it to pull the cluster? Can I buy individual...
6
6

How good IS BMW's 6 cylinder engine?
I'm thinking of buying a 2006 or 2007 3 series. I was wondering what the consensus is around here about BMW's engines. I had a bad experience with my current car, an Audi 1.8 turbo, and don't want to...
82
82

best oil for e36 m3?
1998 M3 convertible S52US engine, driven in Southern Arizona (summer max temps typically 115 F) Handbook says 15w-40 non-synthetic (5w-30 in low temp climates) one Dealer says 20w-50, synthethic OK...
18
18

e30 A/C Relay question - no power to low pressure switch
My 1987 325ic has not had working A/C since I've owned it (3 years), and last weekend I finally got the time to work on it, after months of on and off diagnosis. It had a plugged expansion valve, so I...
21
21

BMW Z3 Mud Flap Splash Guard (need help finding replacement part)
Hello everyone, I recently had a breakdown that caused the front passenger splash guard t o go flying off the car... I have tried looking up the part on a number of sites but cannot see to find the...

BMW maxspeedingrods
Connecting rod in both ends of the link mechanism and the lever is hinged to the driving and driven members transmitting motion or force. High Performance BMW Racing Parts,Engine Parts,Tuning Parts...

E46 323i no reverse update
Some of you may recall that a few months back I reported that my 2000 323i (inevitably) developed the "no reverse" problem. Fortunately for me, my car was built before March 2000, so has the GM...
6
6

BMW 1995 540i stalling and wont re-start
I have a 95 540i with about 190k on it. The car starts right up on the first start of the day, and runs for about 5 minutes [if let alone to idle, It will run longer if you rev the engine and keep...
4
4

E39 -How would you handle this misdiagnosis?
I have a 99 528i with only 52,000 miles. Since I purchased it second hand, it's always shifted "hard." Last week I finally decided to take it to the local transmission shop. They called later in the...
14
14

E36 boot jammed
The boot on our 1987 saloon is jammed shut. Possibly remote locking solenoid is stuck, but also key doesn't work (hasn't done for a long time). Key doesn't turn, but the button presses in freely. Any...
13
13

Capsule Review: 1989 BMW 750il At (Top) Speed
Now it can be told, more than twenty years after the fact. This recent kid-smashing-up-press-car incident has caused me to think about my own misspent youth and the potential parallels between it and...

Master KEY failure/FIX saves $300 (BMW doesn't want u 2 know)
Hey guys. All the 2000 528i battery powered Master Ignition Keys are going to poop right now along with mine. For the 2001 owners, you have about 9 Months more operation service from your Master Key...
11
11

noise in fuel tank on my 95 bmw 740i E38
there was a humming noise come from the back seat area... so suspected the fuel pump and put in a nea one... But the noise did not go away. I then changed the fuel sending unit on the left side...
10
10

CODE to un-immobilise the car
in my wisdom i decided to find out how to set the date and time on my 535i, that worked, good, what's this code thingy!!! had to find out, pressed code and a couple of buttons, not sure what was going...
11
11

coolant/overheating probs bmw 528i 1996
hi,can anyone 1996. she is overheating,checked thermostat-ok,checked waterpump-ok water does,nt seem to be getting around the system. we tried bleeding and got alot of steam.going to do compression...
4
4

1988 BMW 735i Fuel Gage Meter not working
I have run out of gas twice while the meter still was not on "E".
4
4

Mud flaps on E65 - crap
Anyone here with an E65 fitted with factory mud flaps? Strange thing is that they are really meaty and solid bit of rubber riveted onto the wings/fenders and rear bumper however, the side that fit to...
3
3