Best Rated threads in BMW Cars and SUVsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Mud flaps on E65 - crap
Anyone here with an E65 fitted with factory mud flaps? Strange thing is that they are really meaty and solid bit of rubber riveted onto the wings/fenders and rear bumper however, the side that fit to...
3
3

Z4 Sat Nav Screen
I have had an Alpina Roadster S Lux since new for almost 3 years now. It has been an outstanding vehicle save for one minor problem. The Satnav screen seems to have problems popping up. Sometimes I...
6
6

325 still knocking after valve adjustment,..
I posted earlier about my 325 with 145k miles that knocks for the first few minutes until it comes up to temp. Well, adjusting the valves didn't help any. They were fine except for two that might have...
23
23

[e39] OEM brake rotor life expectancy?
I'm at 44k miles on my 530i. Brake warning came on. The shop is telling me I need pads (that's a given), but also new front rotors. There is a visible groove on the edge of the rotor, so I know...
14
14

E32- 750IL-1991 1) replacing with not self leveling rear shock absorbers& 2) stiff break
I have 750il -1991-E32. 1) My rear shock absorbers are leaking oil. So, I am trying to replace those. But it seems quite expensive for the 2 pieces. So, I am thinking replacing them with...
1
1

Help Economy mode auto is rough, Power is smooth
I've just bought a 97 BMW 323i. (150ks / 65000 miles) Test drive etc was fine, driving it home, I noticed it was VERY rough at about 100kmh (60mph), I rang the previous owner who said it sometime...
8
8

740i E38 [1995] audio system no sound.
The Audio System is acting up. i was cleaning it one day and listening the radio and the music just fizzed out and that was it; NO MORE SOUND. when its turned on you hear buzzing and clicking and it...
3
3

Alloy Wheels Rebuild
Hope someone can help me. Have a 1997 523i SE and have managed to source a set of 17" alloys part no BMW 1.097.185. to replace the standard 15" items. They are split i.e the centres and the rims are...

E39 Touring, hard rear suspension?
All, Re: 1997 E39 Touring Any ideas what might be causing the rear suspension to be VERY STIFF INDEED? I've been told to be worried coz of air suspension ... is this true? tia Dr D
18
18

BMW crash worthiness
Looks pretty darned good: "after a 24 yr old BBB (Blind Bleach Blond),traveling west, made a left turn into my car that was headed east at about 50 MPH Thursday evening. Here are some pictures of...
13
13

spongy brakes BMW 740il
My e38 has spongy brakes. when you press down on the brake pedal the brakes engage but when you release the pedal, it does not come all the way up still engaging the brakes. you can release the brakes...
3
3

Tips for removing E30 exhaust?
I'm going to replace the center bearing on the drive shaft but first need to remove the exhaust system. While I've done a lot of work on this car over the years and have all the usual tools, I am at a...
21
21

Question...E36 M3...anticipated repairs at 140K miles?
I have a wonderful E36 1999 M3 that has been babied since I purchased it in 2001 when it had 34K miles on it. As a real estate agent, most of the miles are cruising the I-270 corridor here in the...
9
9

E39 2.8i stalling when hot query
Hi All, I've searched on this but can only find vague references to possible crank sensor failure from 2002 ... Any more recent thoughts on this? Symptoms are stalling when hot both on coastdown and...
12
12

E39 528i flat spot
All, My 528 auto has an annoying flat spot around 2500 - 3000 rpm ... it doesn't have it all the time but seems worse when it's hot - she's certainly fastest when the engine is cold (unfortunately)....
1
1

1988 735i front right brake sticking?
Hello:) I had this problem last summer and is it got cooler out it was barely noticeable. Now the heat is back and its sticking like mad. I replaced the caliper with no luck. Could barely bleed it so...
7
7

locked E39 with a dead battery
I have a dead battery in my 98 528i, and naturally my doors are locked so I can't open the hood to jump it. I've done a search, and can't find anything that works. Turning the key while raising the...
9
9

E60 Nokia CK-7W anyone tried fitting one
Hi I have just bought a Nokia CK-7W bluetooth car kit and it basically looks as though it is 4 wires to fit it.I have scoured the net looking for a wiring diagram of the audio/ignition system on my...

M70 oxygen sensor diagnostics
I have an intermittent check engine light, on my 1991 750iL. I have the Bentley manual, that describes the connector location as beneath the transmission. Is there any easier location to check the...
8
8

E39 "ATF oil only"
In checking the fluids on my 2003 E 39 I noticed what appears to be the power steering reservoir (small tank with plastic cap and dipstick). The cap says "ATF oil only." The owner's manual doesn't...
25
25