E36 Brose driver’s side power window module

I was driving home the other day (e36 93 325is) when suddenly the power window on my driver side stoped working. I noticed I could hear the click for going down but was getting no response going up. I used a battery to hotwire the window into the up possition (motor works fine) but it seems like the Brose controller is fried. Does anyone know how I might be able to get just the brose controller (not the full kit) as it easily would just screw onto the old assembly.

I have the part code if needed.

Matt

Reply to
pz60ls

My '94's windows once went down but refused to go back up. This was a problem for me because I was in line at the cr wash at the time.

I went home and took the switches out, driver side and passenger side, and swapped them to see if the problem followed the switch or not - this should have told me that the switch was bad. Anyway, both windows worked properly, so I swapped the switches back to the original positions, and they still work properly.

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

Jeff Strickland

> > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report > abuse: >
I tired the old switch (switcheroo) and it wasn?t the switches... it is really the brose controller (AKA the black box)

Reply to
pz60ls