Will the new BMW 3 series result in lower prices for last generation 3s?

Hello, I'm shopping around for a bmw 325/330 in NYC. I found out that a revamped 3 series will be introduced for the first time this year in the USA (in May?). I'm wondering if I should hold off my purchase until the new models come out and grab a used 2002-2005 at a (theoretically) lower price.

I'm still not certain if the new model will increase or decrease demand for the "older" generation BMW 3s. It's possible that there are many people who actually prefer the old style (like myself), so the price won't go down much (or it may go up.. in which case I should hurry up and buy now).

I presume that the new model was already introduced to the public in Europe? Does anyone know what happened to the demand of the past generation BMW 3s? Is it still too early to tell?

Reply to
MrLoserX

I don't think you will see any difference in the pricing of the 2002 ~ 2005 models, EXCEPT that any remaining inventory of 2005 models might see price cuts to move them off the lots. I can't imagine that there is a huge inventory of '05s left if there is a new model coming in a few weeks.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

UK prices on current model '03 - '05 have dropped - if only very slightly, - saw the new shape 3 on the road yesterday for 1st time (prob a demo car or somethin).

I'm in uk and currently lookin to buy slightly older 3 coupe (1999 - 2001) - prices around £8k - £10k for a 318ci - dropped about £2k on average in the last few months - (i.e. on the run up to the new shape launch) - so have dropped more than usual depreciation.

Rick

Reply to
RickH

Dealer incentives on sedans have been ongoing since January (earlier???). They're pretty big for the 330's (moderate for the

325's), and were increased in March. They were originally for RWD sedans, but were expanded to include the AWD's in March, also. Go to the Edmunds web site to look up the current incentives. [ Also, sedans only. Nothing for coupes or convertibles. ]
Reply to
Darryl Okahata