Latest threads in Chevrolet Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

s10 humming noise
I have a 2000 S-10 2.2L Auto. / 64k miles. When the engine is cold (not necessarily temp outside) I hear a whirring noise like it is a vaccum or intake noise. But never fails when engine warms up and...
2
2

Suburban Front Wheel Bearing $$$
One of my old students happened by my Autoshop asking me to lift his rig (02 Suburban 2wd) and see what is making the rum-rum noise. After looking at pads and rotors which were in good shape I grabbed...
4
4

97 Suburban turn signal switch
My turn signal keeps clicking without signals actually being on. What is the procedure for replacing switch assembly (specifically how to remove top steering cover) Thanks in advance.

FA: 3/4-ton Suburban
Up for auction and ending this Saturday: feel free to email me with any questions. Thanks for looking! - Brad

S-10 MPG ?
My son is looking at a 2001 S-10 PU, with third door, 4.3 l, auto. The salesman quoted him about 21 around town. Any one have info on this GM
13
13

2000-sub performance chip
I have a 2000 suburban 1500 4x4 that I tow with. The suburban will have slow down at times on some hills. I looking at the Jet Performance Programmer and it appears it would help by increasing torque...
2
2

Power window won't go down
i have a 1993 Siverado.......Passenger side window: 1.Chaged the power lift motor 2.Changed the window up and down switch (NEW)..... 3.Electric moter will go up,but will not go motor has been checked...
6
6

200 Chevy Silverado
A stone kicked up and smashed the rear door window on the passenger side on my 200 Chevy Silverado LS. I'm just wondering if there were any tips or suggestions for replacing this. I already have the...

1993 chevrolet 5.7L engine missing / breaking up
I have a 1993 silverado with 118,000 miles. It has a misfiring problem(breaking-up) when bringing up the RPMs. It occurs when you are easy on the accelerator or let off the accelerator and then...

1993 Chevrolet Truck
5.7 engine with 118,000 miles and seem to have a misfire problem (breaking-up) only when you bring up the speed and are easy on the accelerator. Also,when backing up you do notice a roughness from the...

Spark control for an old chevy?
I was just reading Jon's post about "carb and HEI" and it got me thinking. I have a 1969 restored GMC 3/4 ton with the 350 CI 4V engine. It has the stock points distributor. I have seen kits...
10
10

02 instrument cluster interchange
hi, has anyone ever tried to put a 03 or 04 silverado, yukon, tahoe, cluster in a 02 will it work? i like the new style wondering if it would work, i read somewhere that he 03 does not have the...
1
1

Convert K1500 TBI-350 to a TBI-454 can it be done?
I need some help to see if it worth the trouble to convert a 1989 Chevy K1500 to a TBI-454 engine from a TBI-350. First of all can it be done???? Questions that come to me are: 1) Can the TBI-350 ECU...
3
3

2004 Ball Joints
While trying to figure out my water leak problem, I looked at a neighbors truck to compare a few things. After I fixed mine he asked if my truck made rattling noises in the front end. It doesn't but,...
3
3

98 Chevy 5.7
Any ideas on how to improve gas mileage on a 1998 Chevy 1/2 ton p/u with a 5.7 litre motor? Is is bone stock.... Thanks! gjt
2
2