Latest threads in Chevrolet Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Steering Column
I have a 90' Chevy P/U with cruise control & tilt wheel. I want to swap it out and put it in my 93' Suburban. It seems straight forward, but could I be opening a can of worms?
1
1

Dexcool question
Is there a stop leak that you can add to dexcool like you could the old and good green stuff???? -- bc
4
4

Transmission Fluid Leak
Hi, My 94 Chev Astro has developed a transmission fluid leak. I put it up on the ramps an crawled under it to see where it was leaking, and it seems to be comming from on of two small (1/4" ?) lines...
3
3

Attention Silverado owners in Los Angeles
I currently have a marketing project that requires me to gather a focus group. Since my project is on Tundra versus Silverado, I need to get a few Silverado owners to represent their trucks. In...

Brake Controller - 2004 Canyon
Did not have the tow package from the factory. Thinking about adding an electric brake controller. Is there an existing wiring in the harness to hook into, or will I need to wire seperately?

service engine soon light
last night I went to a friends house. I had to put in into 4WD to make it up a steep incline to the back of their house. I parked and took it out of 4WD. This morning when I left the service engine...
5
5

95 GMC 4X4 P/U transmission acts strange
At 175k miles I had a new engine and GMC rebuilt trans put in my truck. It has been about 5k since and shifts smooth. However when I pour the gas to it while getting up to speed for the on ramp of the...

Re: Relieving fuel system pressure prior to fuel filter replacement.
Hmm, I just did my fuel filter last weekend. I didnt even bother reading the manual. I just read the back of the filter box and said to relieve the pressure.....Hmm, ok, well, im not a mechanic...

82 Suburban Update.
I posted here a while ago about an 82 Suburban I bought. It has issues, It sat for 3 years, I put a battery in it and drove most of it home. I got some books now, I,ve been under that thing for 37...
1
1

P0178 Fuel Composition Sensor low input.......
Howdy.... This is "driving" me nuts...The Dealership (bad guys) seem to be the only ones who sell this part. They want $647 for the part and $160 for the labor....I just do NOT have that kind of money...
4
4

Will chip help 2002 GMC Sierra?
I just purchased a 2002 GMC Sierra extended cab 2WD with 5.3L. Has anyone had experience with performance chips working. I'm most interested in low end and mileage as I tow our jet skis to the lake.
6
6

My Poor Old Van...........3500 5.7 V8
Can anyone help me with my fuel gauge??????????? I always keep it full as i dont wnt to run out........ the reason being my gauge is always on empty sometimes it moves to full turn the ignition off...
3
3

For Sale Or Trade
$3500 I have an 84 Dodge Ram Charger With 360 motor for trade Motor 2 yrs old Rebuilt New cap & Rotor W spar kplugs & Wires New Radiator New Alternator New Brake System New windshield motor New Water...
1
1

GMC Brake problems. Light won't stay out, Pedal spongie
Anyone know what I missed to do? Had to replace the rear brake caliper (siezed) on my 96 GMC C2500 HD pickup. Bled the line and the brake is working fine. But I can't get hardly any pedal. Even when...
12
12

1990 s10 has a crack in frame
Just looking for advice, is it generally worthwhile to repair a crack in an old s10 frame, safely, by welding, when the truck is otherwise in fairly good shape considering the years? The frame has...
1
1