Latest threads in Chevrolet Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

383 premature rod bearing failure. Could too much timing been a problem???
I have a fairly new Chev 383 with about 30K mile on here. I took the engine apart because of an engine knock that developed. After tearing down the engine I notice I have some very badly worn (all...
8
8

ideas for third seat and seatbelt in 2001 G2500 van
Hi folks, I want to put a third seat and seatbelt in my 2001 G2500 Chevy full sized work van. I'm wondering if anybody has any tidbits of info about how to do this. Specifically I'm wondering about...
1
1

Painting Cabl Light Lenses
I've got an 06 Silverado and am dying to put cab lights on it, but I dont want the same thing everybody else has. I was wandering if I bought a set of cab lights with the clear lense and orange bulbs...
1
1

2001 Silverado Pickup Cap
A friend of mine has a cap that went on his 2001 GM Silverado and he wants to know if it'll fit on other models and years. It measures approximately 101"x71"x22". He's wondering what a used one is...
11
11

Towing capacity of 2.8 S-10
Does anyone know how much weight I can tow with a 91 S-10 Tahoe, 2.8 6 cyl?
7
7

90 s10 column shifter is real loose - park don't hold
How can above be fixed? Is there a way too adjust and tighten the linkage so that putting it into park will hold? Also, anyone have advice on replacing emergency brake cables/hardware for this 4X2...
2
2

Gas saver question
Here goes, has anyone actually tried a Ramjet Gas Saver? They claim upto 35% in savings, hard to believe. But with the price of gas these days ($1.16 a ltr) I was thinking of looking into these...
10
10

1996 1500 Suburban Tow Package ????
When the factory or dealer installed a tow package what did it include? I have a 1996 1500 without it installed. I plan on buying a reese or towrite class IV hitch rated upto 7500 pounds and want to...

Blazer fuel pump interchangeability
I need a fuel pump for my '96 Blazer S-10. Does anyone know what other fuel pumps will interchange with it? All of the fuel pumps in the '96 Blazers in the salvage yards I have visited have been...
2
2

My Safari is Jerky
I have a 1999 Safari. Most of the time, but not always, when I go around 110 or 120 KM/h, I get a jerky feeling. It feels like a "miss" but I don't really know the cause. This even happens at light...
4
4

GMC 2006 crew cab, why 4.8?
Hello, Was just wondering... I bought my 06 GMC crew cab, 4x4, low end model, SL I beleive, and it only has a 4.8. Seems like when reading online it noted all crew cabs came with 5.3's. Even the DMV...
5
5

Chevy 5.3 Cylinder 7 miss fire?
My truck is missing on cylinder seven, I changed spark plug,switched coil packs with another cylinder and stii problem on seven, engine is 5.3 chevy. What can I try befor I take it in?
1
1

5.3 Firing order
I need to know where cylinder 7 is on my 5.3
1
1

clock radio
sorry lost manual. how do you reset the clock ? TIA !
6
6

98 tahoe idle ??
It occasionally will die if idled at a bank or restaurant drive thru. Starts right back up..runs like a deer (80+mph)...The fuel pump has an extra loud whine right before it quits. I had the fuel...