Latest threads in Chevrolet Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Looking for the smallest truck Best MPG and low cost.
I need to find a cheap truck that has high MPG for work Hauling a lot of stuff wont always be necessary but I will need to carry more and larger things then i could fit in a car trunk 2wheel drive,...
8
8

1995 chev Silverado
I recently posted this on the chevy trucks newsgroup but have not gotten any responses. I will post it here with the hope someone can help me out. The cruise control box is mounted on the left side of...

Finally Ordered that Lift Kit
A while back I commented on finding a suspension lift for a Colorado. Well I finally ordered it this morning. Based on the comments from teh website where I ordered it I expect I'll get it next week...
6
6

substitute for serp belt
For the second time in the my truck life (88 chevy 3/4 ton), my truck has broken the head off a power steering bracket bolt. As a result, the power steering unit is cock-eyed and throws the serp belt...
1
1

Intermittent Starting problems
I have a 92 Silverado (V6 with Manual transmission.) My problem is that almost every time I go to start the truck, I turn the key and I hear the click, but it will not start. I and have to keep...
5
5

envoy 6 cyl. oil changes
I change the oil in my 04 Envoy 6 cyl. every 3000 miles. I know the manual indicates longer intervals. Am I wasting my money and nature's oil or am I increasing the life of the engine?
14
14

88 jimmy cable good, not turning
88 jimmy 4x4. s-15 Cable is good, turns by hand fine. Hooked back up to trans block, and it doesnt turn when I hold the other end of it in the truck and drive. So I think the problem is in the trans...
1
1

ChevyBB Intakes
Hi im building up a1974 ... 454 ...10.5 CR small solid cam ...3000-6000 rpm range ...i live wheres its cold most the year so want a dual plane intake with exhuast crossover ...narrowed it down to 2...

2006 GMC Sierra Steering
Hello, I just purchased a new 2006 GMC Sierra. It very much seems like when traveling down a road the steering wheel is turned slightly to the left. The truck will travel straight if I release my...
2
2

my truck bucks when it reaches 45 mph
i have a 1999 z71 with the 5.3. when i am driving and reach 45 mph my truck starts to buck and it seems like it is in the motor. when i give it more gas it stops or when i give steady pressure on the...
6
6

97 Chevy blazer dash lights won't come on when key first turned on
The subject pretty much says it: when I turn my key into the on position, all of the peripheral stuff comes on (cd player, temp/compass, etc) but the dash lights don't light up. This also results in...

New Chev/Gmc trucks unimpressive
I'm currently driving a 90 gmc sierra 2wd, manual trans, 305. I've been thinking it may be time to buy a new truck so I went out and test drove a few Chevs and GMCs. Well the GMC front is just too...
5
5

Astro 2002 LS - 120v power supply
Can anyone suggest a way to bring electrical power (by cord from a 120vAC 15amp campsite hookup) into the rear section of my passenger 2002 Astro LS without making conspicuous changes to the visible...
4
4

'89 GMC - No Tail Lights
It's weird, when I turn on the lights, I have no tail lights and the turn signal flashes really slow. If I apply the brake, the turn signal stops flashing completely. When I turn off the lights and...
4
4

Jegs exhaust system.
I found this exhaust for an 82 Suburban at Jegs. I,m really wondering if it will fit. Anyone put one in before.
1
1