2002 Bravada transfer case fill plug - HELP

I have a 2002 Olds Bravada. I had the rear seal replaced because it was getting slightly damp around the seal and the dealership couldn't get the oil fill plug removed to refill the case. They ended up filling the case through the vent tube and overfilled the transfer case. I had some excess oil blow out of the vent tube onto my garage floor, but I'm hoping that will stop as some of the excess is pumped out. I have 2 questions.

  1. Will this cause any damage to my transfer case since there is a vent tube to release pressure?

  1. Why can't the mechanic remove the fill plug? It doesn't seem possible that a fill plug would have been that tight, but it obviously was.

Thanks

Reply to
WMB