Latest threads in Chevrolet Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

WTB: Raider Canopy Nomad I to fit 1998 Chevrolet Truck
Looking for a canopy from Raider Industries, Nomad 1, to fit Chevrolet truck. Any condition, looking for replacement glass. Glenn

coolant capacity
I've just changed the water pump on my '94 S10 4.3L Z 2WD. After flushing I filled as far as I could with the engine off. I ran the truck until I got a nudge up on the temp gauge, then added more. I...
2
2

Chevy Changes Rear Brakes Disc Back to Drum?
Anybody have any information on why GM went from rear discs back to rear drums? Would prefer links to official statements or magazine articles or reviews as to this issue.
3
3

1985 s15 will not start
i have a 1985 s-15 with a 2.8l carb e2se it ran when i parked it 2 weeks a go when it was about 50f now it is about 30f the temp was and it will not start i checked the fuel pump the gas and gas is...
15
15

Chevrolet VIN decoder
2GTEK13T151163487 I have anice little ford vin decoder, just enter the complete vin, and it spits back the info... anyone have a good resource for an 05 chev truck with the vin above? All I really...
2
2

700R4 Valve body
I think one of the valves in the valve body on my S-10's 700R4 is sticking a little. It doesn't make the 1-2 full throttle shift soon enough and the engine seems to be hitting the rev limiter. Also,...
1
1

'98 Chev Silverado Trans
We got a used Chev ,automatic trans, V6, 2WD, 1500. It runs like a new one and has about 150K miles. I don't know if the trans filter has ever been changed. Does anyone know the interval for this ?...
3
3

91 Silverado 4wd actuator/thermal plunger
Just how hard is this to replace? I have been dealing with the slow engagement blues for a couple years, but it always eventually hooked up. I used a few times this summer for pulling trees down (okay...
4
4

700R4 to NP205 ?
Greetings. I want to swap out my TH350 for a 700R4 / 4L60. The transfer case is an NP205. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've read that all that needs to be changed to bolt it in is the output shaft of...

Sudden sputtering help, pls
1989 Chevy 1500 2WD 350 auto, all stock, 140k miles. 2nd owner, bought from father-in-law 2-1/2 years ago, no trouble until today. Suddenly from last time I drove it last week until today, it started...
10
10

1994 Chevrolet C1500 W/T Alternator Trouble
Hello all... The truck in question is a 1994 Chevrolet C1500 W/T with the 4.3L V6 engine. Its factory alternator gave up the ghost...it would charge at highway speed or with the engine revved up but...
2
2

Duramax thermostat
Recently it seems I have to drive 13 miles on flat land before the engine reaches normal operating temp. It's about 45 deg F outside. Does anyone have watched their gage and miles? conrad
3
3

P1870 Trans slip
looking for somone who has or had this problem too with their truck that has the 4L80E trans. Ive read alot about the 60's having this problem but not the 80's. It operates perfectly but when the...
6
6

Resistor Pack for fan contol
Trying to replace the resistor pack that controls fan speeds. Lost all but the highest setting. Any clues on where this is located ? 2003 Tahoe. thanks,
1
1

brake/engine/park light error code ?
My Chevy Van G20 as seen here: Has a funny habit of error signalling: Some time ago, (almost a year) the red Brake/Engine/Park light came up and it stayed on, whatever we did. My mechanic checked all...
45
45