94 Suburban question

I have a 94 Suburban, 5.7L, 150K miles. Runs great until temp reaches approx. 180. When it gets to temp it starts acting up. If you feather the gas it'll get you back home. If you nail it bogs. I change fuel filter, but haven't put a gauge on it yet. I scanned it and all I get is a 12. Would a failing fuel pump not throw a code? I have access to another vehicle, that I can exchange parts with to experiment. I just don't know where to start. ECM, Map???

Any Ideas would be appreciated.

Dan

Reply to
djoker

I had a couple of folks emailing me about this same problem. We finally got a chance to check it out real good this past weekend. Snap-On scan tool said it needed new TPS. We replaced this and had no change. I took the truck to the local GM dealer to have them check it out. They said it needed a EGR valve and a tuneup. They said it would be $500.00, and it would be a good start on finding the problem. The truck was tuned already, and I already had checked the EGR. I checked the Temp sensor, and it was fine. I put a timing light on it and watched the strobe as I revved the engine. You could see the lite dropping off as the rpms increased. I replace the ignition module, and haven't had a problem with it so far.

Reply to
djoker