Latest threads in Chevrolet Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Power door locks 05 Colorado
I don't want the doors to lock when you take it out of park, the earler trucks could be programed to not lock but the later trucks have lost this feature, any ideas on how to fix this whould make my...
2
2

97 astro AC vent
The vac tube that controls my AC vents has come loose and I can't find where it goes back to. I can hear hissing sound of a vacuum leak but cannot pin point the location. I have the engine cover off ,...

'04 Avalanche Speedometer Update
News on my off warranty ( 41,000 miles) malfunctioning speedo (in the truck, that is..)...called the local GMC dealer service manager and went throught the symptoms....freezes in position, starts...
2
2

intake coolant leak
Hi I have an 89 chevy 1/2 ton 4x4 pickup with the 4.3L engine. Lately, I noticed when the engine is cold (starting for the first time of the day) that it idles like crap and backfires until it warms...
10
10

2006 5.3 vortec
hey to all i have a 2006 silverado with a vortec 5.3 .I'm looking for some good performance upgrades for this motor. maybe a good chip, and if i put a chip in do i have to get rid of my speed limiter?...
7
7

1996 chevy cavalier wont start!!!
i drove my cavalier about 22 miles with the temp gauge high but i was told it was broken the engine dress up kit ie the plastic over all the wires in the engine melted and there is no more coolant in...
3
3

Adding fog lamps
Hi, I have a 2006 TrailBlazer w/o fog lamps and I've been thinking about adding them. So, I called my dealer and he said that it could be anywhere from $300 - $600 labor because they would have ro...
2
2

New Belts for Delco Tape Deck
I've got an old Delco tape deck in my truck, and I think it needs the belts replaced. Anyone have any experience with this? Where's a good place to buy new belts? Any tips once I get the deck out of...
1
1

Turn off Headlights at night?
I was driving through the Christmas lights last night, everyone could turn out their lights except me...I have the electric eye on the dash. Is there a way to over ride that and drive without your...
5
5

gas milage
Hi All,,I am about to purchase a 2002 Chevy has 4.3?V8,,4speed auto,and lt245*16 tires. Can anyone give me an idea on what the gas mileage will be,,(mpg).I am a fairly conservative truck will be used...
12
12

Oil Change Message
I know that the oil change message that shows up on the drivers information panel is based on a lot of variable data, such as time since last reset, engine temperatures, rpm's, miles driven at...
10
10

TBI- superchargers
Seems that whipple stopped make a supercharger for 350CI TBI, found that ProCharger supercharger does. Has anyone had any experience with this company with TBI, as chips, instalation, reliability. I...
1
1

03 Suburban - Oil Filter Relocation Adapter Kit
Does anyone know whether there is a relocation adapter kit for the 5.3L and if so where to find it? Similarly, does anyone happen to know the lead engineers and PM's for that engine and/or suburban...
1
1

S-10 bed interchange question
My '97 S-10 3 door needs a replacement bed. I've found a '98 one in good condition. Will someone tell me if the '98 bed will fit my '97 frame? Are they interchangeable?

trans temp switch
hi all please could someone tell me the location of the trans temp switch on my 1988 R20 suburban with 454 and th400 autobox. thanks in advance xxxxxl