95' Astro 41" torsion bar broke. Changing to 36" bar.

Hi. I have a 1995 Astro AWD with a 41" torsion bar that broke on the driver's side (left). I was told that the 41" bars are prone to break and that i should replace it with a later model 36" bar. My question is, how do i make up for the 5" difference? Do i need to modify or add an adapter/adjuster? Any kind of help or instuctions would be great. Thanks, Andy.

Reply to
bunga

We’re you able to replace with shorter bars and if so how did you do it? I can’t find 41” bars anywhere and need to replace mine

Reply to
Pal