Best Rated threads in Chevrolet Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Electric door locks vs keyless remote door locks...Silverado
I just bought a 2009 Chevy Silverado. It has electric door locks, but doesn't have keyless remote door locks. Can I just buy the fob and program it, or do I have to add some sort of receiver? Thanks,...
20
20

flex fuel sensor
Have a 2000 chevy s -10 reporting a flex fuel composition sensor signal being too high...Right now the only choice I have is to replace it. Anyone know of a quick fix instead of replacing it..Doesn't...
4
4

Steering Growl
I have a 2000 Silverado 1500 4x4. It has a "growl" when turning the wheel to the left at low speeds. The "growl gets noticably worse as the engine compartment warms up. It only happens when turning to...
7
7

chevy s10 - shaking
hey all.. the 2001 chevy s10 starts shaking when brakes are applied when slowing down from speeds above 40mph. any ideas what could causing this? I've got 2 new front tires and a wheel alignment. it...
2
2

93 Suburban 350 w distributor whine or buzzing noise
I have an intermittent noise like a whine coming from my distributor I believe. The best way to describe it is it sounds like the sound of a failing old mechanical speedometer - kind of a buzz/whine....
1
1

Astro ECM Problem?
2002 Astro 4.6...Van running fine, decided to replace the 3 year old battery. Connected battery power to cig lighter to keep memory. Cleaned terminals somewhat (pretty clean). Won't start...turns over...
4
4

How do you remove the ignition coil on an Astro Van.
We need to replace the ignition coil on a 2000 Chevy Astro van and we can't figure out how to get the dang thing out! We removed 2 bolts that look to be holding the bracket onto the block, but it...
2
2

Found a (FREE & EASY) Steering Wander Fix for my Suburban!
Hi guys. I thought I would share my experience with a V1500 I bought last fall with 210K miles on it, and what ultimately fixed the problem for those of you who have that horrid wander that just won't...
10
10

1995 Chev Safari, Dutch Doors won't open.
Hi, I have a Safari van and recently the rear hatch (Dutch Door style) won't open whether I use the hood release in the front, or the lock in the rear hatch itself. Does anybody have any ideas on how...
1
1

timing chain
Hello, I blew a head gasket the other day on my '89 C1500 with 4.3 TBI. Since I have everything on the front of the engine taken of anyway, should I take this time to change the timing chain? it's...
4
4

Possible Solution to Astro Van Starting Problem
Possible Solution to Astro Van 97, 98, 99 Starting Problem. If you have the following symptoms, this may apply to you. -For years my 98 Astro Van had trouble starting in 'cold or wet weather', or damp...
1
1

Click, tink. Click, tink. Click, tink. Click, tink.
Click, tink. Click, tink. Click, tink. Click, tink. 1998 Chevy S-10 Blazer LS. Click, tink. Click, tink. Click, tink. Click, tink. Use the turn signal, and the clicking noise continues long after the...
6
6

/97 S10 DRL (Daylight Running Lights) Failure
'97 S10 4.3L extended cab. Two problems: 1. DRL (headlights) intermittent for a while, then quit completely in daylight mode. Still work correctly in headlight mode. The indicator on the dash still...
9
9

Timing chain life in Chevy S-10 4-cyl engine?
Hi, My 1996 Chevy S-10 has almost 200,000 miles and runs good. But I never changed the timing chain. Do these ever break and how often should I change this to be safe? Can't find this in the manual....
1
1

Chevy LUV transmission questions
I am interested in a 1982 LUV Diesel ( OK it is an Isuzu sold by Chevy) It has a 5 speed that is shot. From what I understand, they had major problems with that 5 speed. Is there any automatic that...

Service Engine Light - How Long 'Til It Goes Out?
The cat converter on my 1999 2.2L Sonoma went to pieces internally: lots of rattling, like broken stuff rolling around in a can. At the same time, a steady "Service Engine Soon" light came on. I got a...
6
6

90 suburban wiring diagram
As it turns out, my factory shop manual doesnt have any wiring diagrams. My most recent problem is that I have no dash lights at all. I have not tried replacing any bulbs yet, but I did check the...

1999 Chevy Astro Misfire
I have a 1999 Chevy Astro Van that has a very rough idle and lacks power. The sevice engine light is on and I checked the codes. It is showing misfire cylinder #4. When I look at the datestream the #4...

Question about a 1983 s15 distributor/no spark
I am trying to get this cheap 1983 s15 running for my brother in law...The previous owner said on of his friends was driving the s15 blazer and it quit running and they could not get it started...
7
7

Bench Seat Cushion Repair?
Hey, all. The bench seat cushion in my 86 GMC pick-up is starting to sag on the driver's side. I can see some of the foam that's flaked away coming out from underneath the seat. Maybe it's trying to...
2
2