Best Rated threads in Chevrolet Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1998 Chevy Suburban 4wd problem
Hello there, I am a new owner of a beautiful 1998 Suburban, have a problem and need help - as there aren't any Chevy dealers here in Slovakia :D The car runs without any Problems as long as in 2wd...
4
4

99 chevy s10 lights flicker at high speed
While on vacation out west, I did manage to get above 70 mph. 1999 S10 pickup, 4 cylinder automatic. 37K miles. No air conditioning at the time. The headlights, dash lights, all miss a beat. This only...
1
1

1998 S10 Pickup - ECM I fuse blowing intermittently
Does anyone have any idea how the ECM I fuse on my 98 S10 p/u, 2.2L, w/ MFI keeps blowing intermittently? I will be driving down the road and the fuse just blows. It's just like someone turned the key...

'71 C10 pitman arm question
Hey Everyone, I have a 1971 Cheyenne Super, and I'm having to replace the steering gear due to excessive road-walk. It looks like a pretty strightforward project, and I'm already to the step of...
7
7

Correct Idle Speed for 5.7L 350 V8
I have an '86 GMC 1/2 ton pick-up that now has a 5.7L 350 V8 in it. The emissions control label on the front of the engine compartment is for the original engine (a 4.3L V6) and says I should set the...
4
4

Which belt? How do I know what size alternator I have?
In order to get the right serpentine belt for my 2000 Silverado 5.3 Z71 I need to know which alternator I have (100 amp, 105 amp, or 130 amp), how can I find this info? The alternator doesn't have any...
3
3

2003 suburban won't start- fuel pump?
On the road it acted like it was going to die-- but wife drove it home okay. Now it won't start. I've read the manual about pressing down the gas pedal all the way and all that-- but what are some...
9
9

trailer wiring 99 suburban
I have a 1999 Suburban that I am trying to wire a 7 pin RV plug on. My question is about installing a brake controller and auxillary power. The owners manual says that there is a "Light-Duty Wiring...
8
8

6 cyl to 5?
I have a 93 chev. S 10 - 4.3 -that has developed a plugged oil pump from a Fram oil filter. One of the crank bearings has been wallered out and is a knockin now. I am wondering if I can open exhaust...
4
4

Gas in oil
i have a 1991 chevy silverado and it sat outside all winter and this spring i charged the batery and tried to start it. It started it ran for about 30seconds and then it stalled and the check engine...
4
4

Identify rear axle/differential in 93 Suburban 1500 C
93 Suburban 1500 C has GT4/G80 which is 3.73 limited slip differential axle. Shop manual talks about several rear axles - 8.5", 9.5", 10.5".... Ring Gears and they all have different lubricant...
4
4

chevy silverado 2005 cruise control not working after installing Tail Lights
I installed a set of 2005 L.E.D. Chrome w/amber turn signal ALTEZZA EURO TAIL LIGHTS all the rearlights work fine, but the cruise control stop working, I put the stocklights back in cruise works, any...
1
1

2000 blazer, 4WD question
I've noticed with my 2000 blazer (bought 7/2005) that when in 4WD and I turn a tight corner, I feel a resistence, like the wheels dont want to turn. I have also felt this when backing up into a...
9
9

1995 GMC K1500 - where is the turn signal flasher ?
Dear group - help: I have well maintained 1995 K1500 Sierra. I'm having some issues with the right turn signal (bulb's are OK) and I need to replace the flasher. My Haynes manual doesn't tell me where...
3
3

89 S10 serious problem
The vehicle in question is a 1989 Chevrolet S10 pickup, 2WD, 4.3L V6, automatic overdrive transmission (700R4 I think?), mileage estimated somewhere above 150K (odometer doesn't work). A few months...
27
27

Faint dash break light "cause" in 2500HD silverado?
2003 Duramax 2500HD crewcab full bed Silverado This morning upon starting up truck noticed that the parking break light on dash was very faintly glowing. checked parking break ok Light is not on full...
4
4

severe power lose at 4000 rpm
I have 91 Chevy half ton 5.7 engine been replacing tune up items including cap, rotor, wires, plugs, and module. I have a power lose at 4000 rpm, truck runs good up to that point, engine is in good...
17
17

Re: Chevy Colorado, Horn Beeps Three Times When Unlocked.
A kind person replied to my post with an answer. I'm posting their answer here to help others. --CaptWiggum Marcella Wegiel Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 1:37 PM To: Thanks for replying. After emailing you I...

99 Blazer smell of gas
I smell raw gas when I shut the engine off. I cannot see any spray anywhere. Someone told me there was a "floating" fitting in the gas line behind the engine that is a real pita to get to. How can I...

Small leak from Transmission 97 Chevy Blazer 2dr 101K
Hello Everyone! I've had my blazer for about 3 years now, and the only major problems I have had was from the fuel injectors, but now I run only BP or Mobil gas through, and havn't (knock on wood) had...
11
11