Best Rated threads in Chevrolet Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Source of Switched 12V in Chevy Colorado Fuse Box
I have installed many car stereos over the years, but have run into a new problem with my 2004 Chevy Colorado. GM's new data bus is now being used to turn on its OEM radios. This means that the OEM...
2
2

Relieving fuel system pressure prior to fuel filter replacement.
Thanks for the great advice about the serpentine belt. Went smooth. Now for a question about the fuel filter. Actually, it's really about the relieving fuel system pressure step that the Haynes manual...
7
7

1998 K3500 Bucket Truck - Chelsea PTO question
I have a Chelsea cable control and a pto mounted on the transmission. I'd like to hook up an air compressor. This is a bucket truck but the bucket is run off an onan generator with a hydraulic pump...
3
3

HELP! C4500 Kodiak Vibration and the Dealer can't figure it out.
My Parents bought a Chevy C4500 Kodiak (2.5 Crew Cab w/ Chariot Bed) to tow their trailer that holds their sand buggies. This was 7 months ago. The vehicle has had a violent vibration from the...
4
4

1998 Suburban Seat Belt Warning Light
I have a 99 GMC Suburban that does not respond to a fastened seat belt. It goes through the normal buzzer and then the fasten seat belt light will go out after about 55 seconds. (per the owners manual...

Missing at Idle - Any ideas
I have a 94 S-10 Vortec V-6 with 123,000 on it. Recently, it seems to have developed a rough idle, similar to a miss. When running down the highway it runs smoother than silk. I have put in new plugs,...

Silverado 2004 Windshield Washer Reservoir.
I have a 2004 Silverado and tried to find out the capacity of the windshield washer reservoir by looking in the capacities section of the owner's manual. Of course, this capacity information is not in...
14
14

1972 stock colors
Does anyone know what the stock colors were for chevy trucks in 1972 or where I might find this info. I'm still searching through google results but...
2
2

3400 SFI Engine Noise
Hey, I was just wondernig. The 3400 SFI V6, is it supposed to make weird noies while running? Such as lifters and such. I have heard other 3100's and 3400's make the same noise. I was wondering if...
9
9

Fuel Tank Size???--1997 GMC 3500HD
Can someone tell me the number of gallons each fuel tank holds? Truck is a 1997 GMC 3500HD diesel. Front tank is located between the rails, to the left of the driveshaft, and slightly behind the cab....
6
6

98 Suburban Car Seat Anchors?
My wife and I just bought a new child seat that has a harness to attach to an anchor point in a vehicle. I cannot locate this in our 1998 GMC Suburban. Maybe there isn't one, but the manual says "ask...

1995 chevy s-10
i need to drop the idle on my s-10. it has an idle- raise screw but thats it. it has a 2.2L with a 5 spd trans. TIA for any help!
2
2

1987 Chevy S10 Door jammed
The lever is stuck in this position pryed it open a bit today looked down along side the window and its a bit rusty down there. The outer lever lifts up with no resistance. I cant get the door open....
6
6

Reverse light switch -S10/Sonoma
I need to replace the reverse light switch on a 5 speed Sonoma, should be identical to the S-10. It is a 5 speed and the switch bolts in to the driver's side of the 5 speed tranny. Question: do I need...
4
4

Need Specs for1998 GMC 3500 HD
Looking for specs/capacities for this truck. 1998 GMC 3500 HD auto, dual rear wheels, 19.5 inch tires. 6.2 diesel All I have now is cab and chassis, no bed. Want to build a flat bed dump to put on it....
1
1

Vortec 4.3L V-6 -- Opinions Wanted.
It always bothers me to see the post of yet another victim of GM's poorly designed 4.3 Vortec V-6. (See the post entitled "99066F: Is this GM recall real??") With the exception of the GM passenger car...
111
111

99066F: Is this GM recall real??
Hope someone out there can tell me something about this situation - I'm getting no help from GM. Sorry for the long post, but the details may be important. Here's the story. I've got a '96 1500K, 5...
9
9

87 Chevy Pickup hesitation
I just picked up (at an Auction) a 1987 C10. It has 93,000 Km (60K miles?) and a V6 with TBI. It was a city truck so I suspect maintenance was done on the truck over the years. Starts fine and seems...
2
2

1991 K1500 Hard Starting
I have a 1991 Chevy K1500 with a 350 V8 that has become very hard to start after it has sat idle for a few days. The engine will crank over fine but it just does not fire. It seems that if I pump the...
1
1

96 Chevy S10 -- Any ideas to improve fuel efficiency??
I have the 4.3L V6 engine, but, my efficiency is comparable to a v8 corvette! My gas gauge fluctuates about a quarter of a tank at any given point... I have been told that there is a known defect with...
5
5