Best Rated threads in Chevrolet Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

96 4.3 wont start after at normal operating temperature
I have a 1996 Chevy 1500..4.3..2wd...lately my truck has not been wanting to start if shut it down then try and restart. Starts up no problem...runs smooth...then once i shut it off no shot that it...
7
7

454 Partial VIN Identification
I have a 73 c10 that came with a 454 originally (CCZ) but the current 454 is probably not the one that came with it... The 'partial vin' number on the front of the engine is TO412TRH 37CE91593 I think...
3
3

Making a tonneau cover frame. Where do the bows go?
Got an old tonneau cover from a friend. it is a soft one with uses velcro to hold it on. Friend said that when it was on his truck the wind that came over the cab caused so much down force on the...
4
4

2000 Suburban won't start after long drive the day before
Hi, I have a 1500 with 80k, in great condition. Over the last 6 months, I've noticed that the next morning after a long drive the day before (350-400 miles) that my truck did not want to start. It...

90 Suburban AC removal
I have a 90 2500 RWD Suburban with a 5.7L engine. The AC compressor is grinding even when it is off. As I live in Alaska, I really don't need AC and don't want to pay for repair. What is involved in...
9
9

Best Repair Manual
Howdy Can anyone recommend a repair manual ? I just bought a 2002 S-10 LS 4cyl 5 speed. Need to check everything out on it. Thanks Pete in MS If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.
4
4

would the TPS cause rattling
Hey all heres a goofy one for ya's. I have a 1991 S-10 Blazer 4.3 auto 4x4. It rattles like there is a monkey under the hood with a hammer when you accelerate ONLY when the engine is cold. Once it...
1
1

'99 Sonoma Failing CA Smog
My 99 Sonoma - 2.2L - just tanked on the %^($#! new CA smog test. Failed the NO measurement at 25 mph, which I understand is new, more stringent test. Max is 527, I measured 876. Passed at idle. HC...
7
7

S10 Blazer - Where is flasher?
Where is the turn signal flasher located on a 1995 Chevy S10 Blazer? Thanks
8
8

Trouble Code P0125
I just got this code scanned to find out it is "Insufficient Coolant Closed Loop Fuel Control." What do I need to do to fix this? I?ve been having a problem lately with coolant "disappearing." Could...
14
14

knock-outs
i have 1999 chevy silverado w/6.0 liter 4X4. i am told buy the local dealership that in order to do an alignment on the truck they may have to remove the knock-outs which greatly increases the price....
4
4

radiator capacity for 2002 Chevy S10
Whitelightning
2
2

1997 S-10 2wd Lower Ball Joints
I'm replacing my lower ball joints. How is a good way to get them out? Heat them up and pound them out? Do they come out from the bottom or the top? I have a ball joint press to put the new ones in...
7
7

92 GMC Vandura 4.3 Liter V6 Engine Rpm not consente
My dad has a 1992 GMC Vandura 1/2 ton with a 4.3 liter work van. Recently he just replaced the engine. Before he replaced the engine, when the engine was cold or when it was sitting for awhile, when...
9
9

Chevy Blazer Door Won't Open
Long story short: The driver's side door handle on my 1989 Chevy S10 Blazer was busted (wouldn't pull open the door). Ordered a replacement handle online. Removed door panel, removed old handle and...
5
5

97 S10 outer door handle loose
When I pull on the outer door handle on my 97 S10 the frame or casing that surrounds the handle and seals with the door sticks out a little at the top. I can push it back flush with the door, but then...
1
1

Warning Chime: Bong! Bong! Bong! etc.
Regarding 2004 Silverado warning chime: I have heard the warning chime if I open the door with the key in the ignition. This came as no surprise. The same thing happened when I tried to drive off with...
6
6

Weepy Water Pump
I have a 99 Sonoma, 2.2 L. with 80K miles. For the past 40K miles I've been observing the water pump (every time I changed the oil) and always find a slight ooze coming out the weep hole. It can be...
11
11

Nephew ran 98 S10 out of oil
*sigh* added 4 qts after he said it was running really bad. i'm wondering how long before it dies?
22
22

2004 Silverado Rack & Pinion: New Part Number.
The rack and pinion assembly on my 2004 Silverado started leaking and needed to be replaced at 6800 miles. While I wasn't particularly pleased to discover this problem, the dealer couldn't have been...
4
4