Best Rated threads in Chevrolet Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2000 Silverado misfire cylinder 3-thoughts?
Guys, first off thanks to the knowledgable folks that post to this forum like Ian and Doc and others- ya'll helped me before and now I've got a new gremlin. Truck was running fine, started it up this...
17
17

89 chevy van 3/4 ton code 44
I have replaced the fuel filter, cat. converter & muffler and the O2 sensor, but the van still runs bad and smells like it is running rich? and backfiring too like its running out of gas. any ideas?
7
7

clicking noise under the dash
I bought a 2003 1500 silverado within the first 2 wks I had a problem with the ac making noise under the dash by the steering wheel. Got that fix now it is making a noise similar to it. Has anybody...
3
3

Leaking power steering fluid -- '82 S10
My '82 Chevy S10 is leaking power steering fluid. I bought it recently, so I don't know the history of the problem. Maybe it just started, but the steering has always had a lot of play in it. I found...
2
2

XM radio question- 2003 tahoe
I have a 2003 tahoe with the factory installed six-disk CD changer with am/fm, no cassette. How can i tell if the radio is XM compatible? I heard that I need to pull the radio out of the dash and look...
7
7

Correct tool to '77 3/4 ton 2WD rear axle bearing ring nut?
I'm repairing the rear brakes on a 1977 Chevy 3/4 ton with a 10.5" pumpkin and full float axles. The rear drum is secured with two identical ring nuts. They are 2.5 inches in diameter and have 6 slots...
3
3

'03 Suburban CD Initializing
Driving in our newer 2003 Suburban and my wife goes to change switch CDs in the 6 CD Changer and it doesn't switch. The display now shows INITIALIZING and the CD icon flashes but we can't do anything...
11
11

2001 Silverado - ABS
My 2001 Silverado 4x4 has the ABS kicking on occasion on very slow stops for no apparent reason. Since this problem is intermittant, when I took it to a service center, the problem could not be...
1
1

97 Tahoe stalling
I am having a strange problem that I would appreciate everyone's input on. About 3 months ago my 97 Tahoe was having a problem where when idling or accelerating at low speed the engine would shudder...
1
1

In-cab headlight aim adjustment?
Some European cars and all Honda GL1800 motorcycles provide the driver with a knob for adjusting the vertical aim of headlights to compensate for the load on the suspension. I'd like to retrofit such...

It's that time of year again
Hi all I'm doing my yearly tuneup & winterizing on my 95 GMC, 1/2 ton, 4.3, 5 speed. It's got 135k on it & no complaints. I'm thinking about doing it's first transmission & rear end fluid change. The...
10
10

Looking to buy an S10
What kind of gas mileage can be expected from a 1990-2000 Chevy s10 v6 5spd? My current Truck (Dodge Dakota v8 auto 4x4) gets about 10-11 MPG, and I am looking to sell it and get something a little...
18
18

1994 GMC SLE 350 ci. Truck windshield wiper problem.
This is Turtle. I'm not sure if i have the right form for this but it seem to be. I would like to get answer to a strange problem with the windshield wipers and how they act. here is what it is doing....
14
14

Tahoe - rear window modification to go all the way down?
I'd like to know if there is a way to modify the 2 rear power windows of a 2001 Tahoe to let them go all the way down. I don't like that they are limited to going only half way down. Is there an easy...
6
6

Intake Bolts
Guys, Started to put my intake mainfold back on today, and (Doh!) I can't remember where the bolts go and where the studs go. Any help? Cheers, Kyle
2
2

Re: 1994 chevy suburban a/c
Hey Joe,, The dual AC system in your 94 burban shares the same compressor, condenser, and Coolant (134a)..The only independent components are the evaporator (and accumulator bottle ?? I think) ,,,but...

Re: Starter on a 1992 Chevy S10
My '92 S10 ext cab 2 wheel drive just got a new starter courtesy of my brother-in-law who put it on for me. It's been working fine so far...about 2 months I think. He said it was a bit of a struggle...

Blazer '03 Tailgate Ajar Light - Dog
I have a S10 '03 Blazer 2 door. No place for my dog to get some air in the back so I've disconnected the cheap plastic latchs on the vent wing windows and inserted PVC pipe to hold them open, and...

94 Chevy Silverado - Hesitation Flatspot in power
Problem: Truck - 1994 Chevy Silverado 4.3 liter V-6 automatic transmission 3 sp with overdrive. My truck is experiencing a power hesitation "surging" during a constent speed (any speed held steady is...

? about 1987 chevy truck
Are the 1987 Chevy S10 and the S14 the same truck. The truck I am thinking of getting is supposed to be an S14. The title says it is an S14 but when I run the VIN # it comes up as an S10. Being a...
1
1