Best Rated threads in Chevrolet Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

366 cu inch big block ?
Do you know if a 366 big block GM engine is internally balanced? I would like to put an automatic transmission behind one. Thank you

Looking for 1973 Chevy Blower Motor Switch
I am looking for a blower motor switch for a 1973 Chevy C-65 Truck. It has 3 blade connectors on the back, low-medium-high, dash looks like the same as a pickup would. The GM part number is 336407 but...
2
2

What broke torque converter?
In my earlier post I was having a knocking or ticking noise in the torque converter of my 700R4. Well, I removed the torque converter from the transmission and found that the neck of the torque...
4
4

PTO on Allison 1000
Has anyone managed to find a way to use the PTO on an Allison tranny in a normal (eg with bed attached) truck? I've seen a few options to run things like a generator from a PTO and thought that would...
3
3

2003 Tahoe Oil Leak
Thanks in advance for helpful replies. Our 2003 Tahoe LT, 5.7L, has about 8000 miles on it. It's developed a slow and small oil leak that is coming down between where the engine and transmission come...
8
8

43 MPH rear end vibration on 1500HD
I thought I would ask the group, before I took it into the dearship to help with this problem. My 03' 2WD GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab (2,600 miles) has developed a vibration exactly between 41 to 43 MPH....
4
4

Radiator Drain Plug Location - Where?
Greetings. I have a '99 GMC Yukon with the 5.7 engine. I want to change the coolant, but I can't find the radiator drain plug or petcock. The manual I have is useless as it shows an older model truck...
3
3

89 Suburban won't start
Hello, group: I have a 1989 Chevy Suburban, 350TBI. It's run like a top for the 5 years I've had it. Suddenly it won't start. It cranks, but won't turn over. Now I know it's either no spark or no...
23
23

Generator battery control module on 2006 Chevy truck
Does anyone know how to overide this module so that the alternator will charge 14 volts all the time?
2
2

1985 Chevy G20 Van Conversion
I am needing the cup holder that goes over the engine cover. It has a glove box, ash tray and a Cigerette lighter. I guess it's called a glove box?? I am trying to by a new or used one but having a...
4
4

99 Suburban 5.7L timing chain cover oil leak?
Hi, A few months ago I changed the timing cover and oil pan gasket because of a small leak. I just noticed a lager amount of oil is leaking and it seems to be the front seal of the timing cover. Oil...
3
3

HELP! When do I plug in my truck in winter???
We moved from Florida to NE Washington state and this is my first REAL winter. I own a '07 Chevy 2500 silverado diesel truck. As hubby recently passed away, I'm trying to learn whatever I can about...
4
4

roll bar for 1979 k5 blazer
where can i find a roll bar for my 79 blazer?
1
1

'98 Blazer Intermittent No Start and Misfires - Cranks Fine
I have a '98 Blazer with the 4.3L Vortec V6 that has been driving me crazy for over a year and nobody seems to be able to solve the issue. Clock shows 110K. Engine still is very strong when problem is...
5
5

99 silverado - got my codes - what next?
99 4.8L silverado 180Kmi Started late shifting into 2nd the other day. Not even a hard shift, just rpms go higher than usual and you almost have to wait on it or ease off the gas and it drops into...
10
10

Serpentine belt on 89 Silverado will not stay on.
Recently had to replace the tensioner in this truck as the pin on the back that keeps it from torqing broke off. Once I replaced it, the belt refused to stay on the pulleys. As soon as the ignition is...
6
6

S10 Door Adjustment
I've a 2001 S10 ext cab, with alot of wind noise on the drivers side door. I'm also getting water dripping in with heavy rain. I can see from the inside out a gap between the body and upper front door...
4
4

My solenoid switch is stuck on my Avalanche
My solenoid switch A is stuck open on my Avalanche. Effecting shifting. Dealer did not want to do a diagnostic test. I went to aamco to scan for codes. Code P0752 came up, "switch solenoid A is stuck...
5
5

1992 Chevy C1500 pickup vibration
At around 40mph, there is a vibration that occurs. If you speed up or slow down a little bit, it goes away. I don't believe it's the tires or wheels because new ones have been installed since we...
6
6

1990 s10 has a crack in frame
Just looking for advice, is it generally worthwhile to repair a crack in an old s10 frame, safely, by welding, when the truck is otherwise in fairly good shape considering the years? The frame has...
1
1