Change from conventional to synthetic blend or fully synthetic ATF

700R4 in an S10 with a 350 running around 300 HP. Custom built with 2600 Stall and shift kit. Running conventional fluid now. What's involved in changing to either synthetic blend and fully synthetic ATF? How and do you have to remove the conventional fluid before you make the change. And is this change a benefit?

Thoughts?

Gordon

I did this in my Blazer. Needed 3 extra quarts to assist with the flush of the old fluid. Had a transmission place do it cause they had the pumping equipment to flush the tranny and coolers. I like using synthetic, but that is my personal preference. I also did the rear end too. From what I understand, many manufactures are using synthetic out of the assembly line.

Wanting to use synthetic may open a can of worms, my 2 cents. Good luck.

Reply to
Bill