GMC: "We are professional grade"

GMC's motto is "We are professional grade!," all while complaining and moaning about how they are going to have to use higher quality material to make their vehicles lighter so they can meet the 2020 regulations...

"We are going to have to use professional grade materials like aluminum to meet these standards and we are going to pass the cost on to the consumer."

No wonder many people, besides those dumb enough to invest in American gas guzzlers (or those men who don't feel like men unless they are cruising their sweaty assholes around in a monster truck that has to be American Made), are leaving American made steal gas guzzlers; because they are lied to by the companies. Not to mention the shi**y machines never change their look give or take a few curves.

Reply to
Mr4701

Many of us need the big vehicles to pull equipment around and actually work (farm). I am not aware of a Toyota or Nissan that will do what my Duramax Chevy does! You sound like some geek that sits on his ass behind a keyboard, without a life and posts B.S. trying to make yourself feel like someone. If you don't like American cars why don't you move to India. I hear they are building cars over there now. Take your rice burner and go post on a toyota newgroup, that way the people who want to help out other people with GM vehicles don't have to read your B.S.

Reply to
Doug Adams

I've had to cut back my 2004 Silverado use to 99.9% off highway use, only for those jobs that nothing else I currently own can do for me, like snowplowing. It is not affordable for runs into town any longer or general usage.

Once I finish paying for the thing (0% interest note from GMAC.....and now I know why) I'll be replacing it with some sort of rice burner. I'll buy a couple of older junkers to take care of the off-road chores. I don't need to tie up a gas guzzler that cost me close to $30,000 but is unaffordable for the highway usage I was doing with it when I bought the thing. Hell, it costs me well over $3 to run home for lunch from the fields. That alone is $360 a year here. Brown bag it is, or take the car.

Fuel prices doubling since I've owned it are mostly to blame. It is now the equivalent of a truck that gets 5mpg at the old prices. I'd *never* have bought it had I foreseen what Uncle Sam has allowed to happen to us.

Hell no, I am not at all happy with this American steel.

I have enough older working tractors and an almost new ATV that I don't need a pickup truck for field work. Trailers are cheap for cartage. And anything will pull them down the highway.

Reply to
nonsense

Did the vehicle not have the mileage stickers on them when you bought them? Did GM increase the price of crude oil?

If you think that a Toyota Tundra or similar vehicle get better mileage, think again.

Gee, Uncle Sam does set the price of oil.

The American steel is just fine. The problem is that you don't need it.

Good, you've found ways to save fuel already.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Well....almost. The government *does* allow oil prices to be set via a system which is so goofy, it may as well be happening in an OTB betting parlor, or worse, a poker game in the back room of a mob bar in Brooklyn. The government could put a stop to this overnight.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

For once you are almost correct, oil futures are indeed a gamble, just like buying stock on the market. Even home owners in the northeast are doing so with heating oil. Last year those that did so, lost money when the price went down

Those that buy futures are gambling the price of crude will go up. However curretly those that gamble at $90 a barrel are losing their shirts since currently crude is selling under $80 a barrel. There is nothing the US or any government can do about somebody buying stock or futures.

One thing our governmsnt can do is allow for drilling of our own oil in available oil fields. Russia is using Cuba to drill billions of gallons off our shores in the Gulf, as is Mexico, Canada drilling near Alaska while our politicos sit with their thuimbs up our asses

As to compatiion, gasolne is one of the most competative products the consumer buys. If you think not, just look at all of the vehicles at the pumps where it is one cent cheaper

Our biggest proplem with energy in the US are our stupid overly restrictive enviroment laws that do not allow us to drill for oil, build or expand refineries, transport and store gas and oil or build oil pipe lines, electric trasmission lines or dig more of our 200 year supply of coal that can be convert to oil

We better realzie that fact soon since there is not a single or combination of alternate fuels on the horizon that car replace even 20% of the oil we use today, let 100%.

Emagine what the environuts will do if we ever want to build a nationwide

2500 PSI hydrogen distribution system LOL

Reply to
Mike hunt

But the environuts WANT hydrogen!

That is, until they put the high-pressure pipe in their town, like the k00ks in my area that want wind power...just somewhere else...

COVEs: Citizens Opposed to Virtually Everything...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Why would they want hydrogen? Making hydrogen takes energy and make CO2 (if it comes from methane).

Reply to
Jeff

Facts are American Autos do not live up to expectations...

Reply to
Mr4701

The Tundra is selling like hot cakes huh?

Reply to
Mr4701

Reely? Where is this happening?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Because it's not gasoline!

Here's an example of typical Liberal/Environutspeak: On the BBC (I love the BBC; they make it like shooting fish in a barrel!) they were talking about a new car (Fiskars? Don't they make scissors?) being produced in California. The announcer said it is a "true sports car" that can run for 50 miles on electricity alone, and then if more range is needed a gas engine kicks in.

The announcer said, "so you can plug the car into the wall for free, and run for 50 miles on the charge!"

Um, plug the car in "for free"?!?! Last I checked, electricity costs money. Not only that, but the majority of electricity in the US is produced by coal or oil fired plants. So, not only does it cost money for the electricity to run the car, but all you're doing is displacing the pollution from your car to the generating plant. I suppose that will give a lot of the Environuts who don't really think things through the Warm Fuzzies, but some of the smarter one may actually catch on, and move near Nuclear power plants.

(of course, all power from all sources goes onto the same grid...)

Reply to
Hachiroku

I don't deny that, I have 2 imports and 2 domestics, the imports (a honda and a toyota) are both more solid than the domestic shit. But no import crap will be hauling my sweaty ass and my trailer around in the summer time.

Imports don't make a proper truck, and thats a fact, the toyota tundra is a big ugly POS that is falling apart worse than my ford work truck (i don't own this one) Or my own chevy 1500.

The fuel mileage is worse on the toyota than on both my chev and my f150.

Chev and Ford can't build a car worth a fiddlers f*ck, but they have the truck market hammered solidly down.

I shouldn't say that, Chev and ford have both always succeeded at full size cars & trucks, their midsize & small trucks and cars are all shit.

Chevy impalas and crown vics (of which i owned 3) were very good vehicles.

Reply to
Picasso

I have an 11-year old Ford Contour. It has about 150,000 mi on it. It runs well, with no major repairs. It is a very good car. I would buy another if they still made it.

I also know others who have Ford Focuses and a Ford 500 and love them. Very good cars for the money.

So Ford does make some good small and midsize cars.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I shouldn't say that.. as my mother had a ford escort with around 230k kms on it, and it was a rock.

Wonder how the Lincoln LS's are... i'd like to purchase a used one.

Reply to
Picasso

As in, it sat in one place like a lump?

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

With apologies...

ROFLMAO

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I take great care of my cars.

My Escort made it to 190,000 miles with MULTIPLE failures.

It burned at 190K.

Like a rock....

Never again American JUNK!

ps my 92 Corolla Wagon is at 220 K miles and looks and drive as if it were brand new.

Original Paint.

Reply to
Scott in Florida

It handled like one.