Latest threads in Chrysler Carsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

General question about the A604/41TE
I have a simple question: Are 2nd gear and/or reverse "hard coded" into the valve body of the transaxle meaning that "Limp Home" mode is simply the TCM saying "I give up!" and cutting all power to the...
3
3

Saw the new '07 Sebring Thursday
Just a bit of difference from the previous Sebring, but mostly positive IMO. Chrysler can actually still do a tasteful styling job!
145
145

A604 Problem 89 Chrysler New Yorker
Just bought a Chry NY from a friend of mine 94K miles. The trans (A604) would not pull it out of it's tracks. I replaced the fluid and filter. It still would not pull. Deceided to check the linkage...
4
4

2000 Durango power locks
On another topic, I'm looking for a diagram of the power lock mechanicals... the driver's door lock stopped working in a buddy's truck; not only does it not power-actuate, but it can't be manually...
2
2

3.0L Mits engine swap
I have an 87 1/2 Caravan with one of the very first 3.0L Mitsubishi engines. At 130K highway miles I have finally been bit by the slipping exhaust valve guide gremlin. I'm off the line like a fully...
7
7

Chrysler "LA" small block 273-328-340-350 exhaust manifolds-$10
3
3

PT Cruiser-What holds radio settings?
I left my headlights on in my PT Cruiser. Battery completely dead I put the battery charger on and got into the car in a couple minutes to put the window up since it was about to rain. The radio was...
1
1

Grand Voyager water pump :(
'96 Grand Voyager, 3.8l engine... water pump appears to have sprung a leak (it's really hard to see with all the other crap in the way, but it doesn't appear to be a hose). Gonna hafta pull this thing...
9
9

99 T & C Air conditioning problem
The AC on my '99 T & C, with rear air, after seven years of excellent service has finally developed a problem. System stopped cooling at the beginning of the summer. Took it to a non dealer service...
12
12

LHS Sub Frame question
I'm having trouble with the sub frame bushings on the front end of a 96 LHS and any advice would be appreciated. I'm working on the rear set of bushings on the front sub frame assembly. I picked up...
11
11

2005 Caravan turn signal stem
The turn signal stem on my 2005 Caravan has crapped out on two occaisions. I put the left turn signal on and the RIGHT siganal lights. Then it lights and stays lit. The wipers also don?t work. Then NO...
2
2

96 T&C in "limp home" mode. Does it need a lot or a little?
I just drove about 40 miles in 2nd gear. Before that it would go into 3rd but after I stopped for gas, it wouldn't, only 1st-2nd. I know it's a long shot..but does anyone have any idea if this is a...
5
5

Head Gasket -- Inexpensive, Easy Fix
I posted some time back about having blown the head gasket in my '96 Voyager 2.4. I got a couple of repair quotes but it didn't make a lot of sense to spend $400, which I didn't have anyway. So, I...
23
23

'93 Grand Voyager knocking
I have a '93 Grand Voyager with about 146k miles on it. It's developed a terrible loud engine knock that is progressing. When it started months ago, it was only when the engine got to normal temp but...
5
5

Neon Immobilisers & Keyfob
I'm considering buying a 2003 Neon here in the UK - I understand that there have been problems with immobilisers, spares for which aren't now made. Are the later cars (Series 2) affected by this...