2.7 dodge intrepid engine...what’s going on with them? (AutoF)

Just wondering if there is anyone else having a problem with the 2.7 engines in the dodge intrepids? Mine is a 2000 and only havs 46,000 miles on it and having major problems with engine...the dealer ship where i bought it is telling me it will cost $6,200 for a remanufactured one...this sounds way to much to me. Any reply would help!

Reply to
drgnflys

What happened to the 7/70 powertrain warrenty?????

Contact author (regis. req'd):

SRG

Live near Indianapolis ?? Hill's garage will do it for about 4500, includes fluids and all...

There is also a guy advertising on the web @

does the 2.7 to 3.2 swap,, I thinkit is about 3000 but you will have to get in touch with him of course.. Ted

Reply to
Ted

And changing the oil a bit oftener than recommended apparently elliminates the problem. Change every 3000 miles or 4 times a year minimum.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

Reply to
mookie89

Reply to
Bill Putney

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Reply to
Bill Putney

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Oh Yes! There is a problem with the 2.7 engine. We have 58,000 on our 2000 Intrepid and it now sits at the dealer with dead motor. We do have 7/70000 warranty that should cover it. The engine can not circulate the oil properly and cooks it to nice thick sludge. Synthetic oil is the only choice for this engine since it can take the heat. Check out this link.

Contact author (regis. req'd):

Da News