’95 CHRY CONC won’t start!!

I purchased a used 1995 Chrysler Concorde sedan. I live in Iowa and I believe due to the unreasonably cold weather during the winters here my car is not starting. Although I believe this to be the cause I am still not so sure what I should do. I have contemplated having my car towed to a heated garage but when I called to get estimates on the cost I found out that I am certainly not the only one with this problem and would be better off getting advice rather then being on a waiting list for several days. I have recently replaced the cars;

-battery

-fuel filter

-oil filter

-tires

I have also put a substance with a heating agent, recommended by a nearby auto equipment dealer, into my gas tank. It clearly has the power but is lacking the ability to turn all the way over. I have had virtually no problems with my car previously, this happened when it began getting cold, snowing, and I left my car on the street outside of our house for a couple days. I found a way to do that computer code but all it tells me is that the battery was recently disconnected. If anyone has any comments, please let me know. I am a desperate female who knows very little about this particular vehicle. Thank you!

Reply to
cnorthrup

Thats funny, you found out you aren't the only one with this problem and dont want to get on the waiting list??? How can you say that when you havent even had the vehicle checked out to see what the problem is???? Im sorry but this makes no sense!!!

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

maxpower

What? This is the only sentence in your post that tells us anything, and right away I don't understand what you're talking about.

Generally, when it comes to a car that won't start, you need two things - sparks, and gasoline. That's what everybody checks. But you also need for the engine to turn. That's even more basic than sparks and gasoline. The engine not turning is a common problem in cold weather, and so we need to get that cleared up first.

Reply to
Joe

Hmm tires don't have anything to do with starting.

Since you like shotgunning, what is the condition of the battery cables? Maybe you can replace those.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Well, you need more things than that. You need air, fuel, compression and ignition.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern