AX ECU fault codes

Sadly my '94 AX has just become a none starter:-) I suspect the ignition circuit but am not getting any sense from the ECU fault code output via the dashboard diagnostic lamp. According to the Haynes Engine Management Manual I should be able to extracxt these by alternately earthing and isolating Pin

2 of the diagnostic plug but, at position M of the IGN switch the orange diagnostic lamp on the dashboard just remains continuously alight. I subsequently tried a Gunsons FCR unit but that produced no feedback either !!

For information, the AX has the Bosch Monotronic MA 3.0 ECU and is a 954 cc model. Can anyone give any usefull suggestions - all help greatfully received

"Everything you thought you knew is just that"

Reply to
Dave Bromell