Citroen AX engine speed sensor

Hi, hope someone can help! I own a 94/95 citroen AX 995cc M reg. My car developed a fault whereas the engine appears to be flooding with petrol. I called a diagnostic chap round he charged me £70 and told me it was the engine speed sensor. Anyone had any experience with changing or repairing this particular fault, your advise would be appreciated. ie Changing or repairing the fault, Where I can get one? Where is it on the engine? Lots of questions but I am skint desperate and a bit thick. Regards Ros

Reply to
Ross810

Had the same problem on my 1991 AX 1.1 Engine running way to rich and occasionally flooded. Turned out to be the TPS (throttle positioning sensor). I removed it, cleaned it with some audio contact cleaner and its fine since then. The TPS is located on what you could call the carbureteur although its injection so not really a carb. The sensor looks like a black flat square with a 4 or 5 wire connector on it. 4 Torx hold it in place. IIR the speedsensor is located on the right bottom side of the engine (over here its passenger side) near a pullley or flywheel. Might also be on the same location leftside. It looks like a threadless bold with 1 or

2 wires to it. I'll look in my shopmanual this afternoon to be sure (if I can find it :) You should be able to get or order it at any good equipped automotive shop.

Timo

Reply to
Timo Wildschut