Re: International Citroën SM Meet Last Weekend

Hi guys - I wonder if there are any online galleries of the International

>Citroën SM meet last weekend in the UK.

Oh bagger. I forgot to go...

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

Paul Halliday ( snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I've not seen any yet, either (apart from yours!) - and I'm webmaster for the Citroen Car Club...

is the site for the SM section of the club - they'll either have some or point you to somebody who has.

Reply to
Adrian

As in

? If so, might I suggest that the 'new' site and the message in the first paragraph is getting some what long in the tooth considering that (as of today [1]) the most recent news item is both more than a month old and out of date whilst the 'boxed' content is even older... Not a very good impression!

[1] and as a logged in non member
Reply to
:Jerry:

:Jerry: ( snipped-for-privacy@INVALID.INVALID) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Good point, well made.

Reply to
Adrian

This is too bad. I had thought that it was only the north-american groups that were growing moribund.

Reply to
bozo

bozo ( snipped-for-privacy@nozo.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Oh, the CCC's far from "moribund" - it's just that that particular bit of text hasn't been updated for a while, and there's been no "news items" posted, because everybody's out there _driving_ their cars...

Reply to
Adrian

Some of the regional sections of the web site seem "moribund" though, I've just looked (again) at the southern section and it hasn't changed since 2004 - despite the 33155 page views, how disappointing many of those will be and how many will decide that they won't join just yet myself included... - pity. Nice shot of a 2CV shell being united with it's chassis on the production line though, it needs to be as it's the only content!

Reply to
:Jerry:

Paul Halliday wrote in news:C2976207.8902% snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk:

Typical, you wait for years for see an SM, then you see 30 at once.

Reply to
Dave Ryman

:Jerry: ( snipped-for-privacy@INVALID.INVALID) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I don't write the content...

Reply to
Adrian

Adrian ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

(clarifies) ...for model or section pages - that's the responsibility of the model columnist/section or the regional group/section. I can't *force* people to write stuff, only encourage them.

Reply to
Adrian

My point was it's pointless having pages without content, especially if they don't change from one year to the next (it gives an impression of being "moribund"), might I suggest either taking the content-less page(s) down or perhaps using a php script to have a random slideshow?

Please don't take this as a flame, it's certainly not intended that way, just some user feed back - judging from the sample pages from the 'Citroenian' magazine, that alone is probably worth the membership fee, is there any way of sending off for a back copy / sample?

Reply to
:Jerry:

:Jerry: ( snipped-for-privacy@INVALID.INVALID) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I'll have a good go through, and kick arses as appropriate...

Oh, understood...

It's now up to more than 100 pages *every* month...

Contact snipped-for-privacy@citroencarclub.org.uk for an info pack - or, if you're near Huntingdon, come to the annual rally at Wood Green over the weekend of

14th July.
Reply to
Adrian

I suppose, before I expire, I should spend a winter scanning all of my 2-1/2 foot stack's worth of back issues of the various U.S. Citroen club newsletters and post them to the net somewhere. At the very least, we could cry over the used car prices.

Rick

Reply to
bozo