Latest threads in Classic Cars - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Advice on tyres please
My Triumph 2.5PI Mk2 has just passed an MOT test but with an advisory that the two rear tyres will need to be replaced soon. I have kept the original wheels, despite the 80 profile tyres in question...
2
2

Front crank seal.
Dribble from the front crank seal on the SD1 has changed into a flood. Did change the seal not that long ago, and noticed the pulley assembly had a deep groove where the seal rubs. So the new seal...
3
3

US Minor
Posted on a photo forum ( taken today at the Central Florida All-British Car Show:
4
4

Plug spanner size
Here's a question for classic car types. Which arose from a question on a FB group. And I was surprised no one seemed to know. You've lost your dedicated 14mm plug socket - but the engine design would...
8
8

Identification please
Photo taken before 1939 in Barnstaple. TIA John
4
4

Looking for VW Beetle White, EUY882J
Looking for EUY882J Dont suppost anyone knows of EUY882J, still looking for it now.... on a sorn for years....

Lucas horns
There is a pair of Lucas horns on e-bay at the moment: The domes are not chromed, although the trumpets are, and they have mesh in them, but still, asking £250 is a bit hopeful, I think. There again,...
17
17

Classic Car meet
Saturday 17th June 2017, lunchtime onwards The Grazing Harts, Micklebring, South Yorkshire, S66 7RR Free admission Barbeque

Coachbuilder conversion: can anyone identify the car?
In the 1940s-1960s several coachbuilders created "estate cars" / "shooting brakes" on luxury cars. Here's a partial snapshot of one, and I am trying to guess the original car from the rear wheel...
5
5

Humber super snipe
Hi can any one help me out my 1961 humber super snipe is taking in air in t he fuel pump but it one full steel pipe into the tank I can see long bubble in the clear pipe going to the pump it fine till...
2
2

1967 Land Rover with 2.6L Rover motor with a Weslake Head
I am working on my Tan 1967 Land Rover Station Wagon 109. Alex from British Motor in Sacramento CA USA is reviewing the Motor and setting tappets for me. He calls ask why due you have a Rev Limit...
9
9

Robert Hugh Fearon Anderson
It seems (according to his grave) that this man died at Silverstone almost 50 years ago, August 15th 1967. I vaguely remember his funeral/interment as a schoolkid - and recently 'cleaned him up' a...
1
1

New addition to the fleet...
1980s DDR magnificence! And how I want it to look...
2
2

Lucas Horn mounting
I have a couple of Lucas Horns, just like these; and I want to mount them on my headlamp bar. They are replacements for a pair that disappeared long ago, so I know it is possible. I cannot remember...
4
4

Fuel tank sensor and gauge
I have to debug an old-style fuel gauge problem this winter, it never moves. I will first check that the gauge is wired correctly, and has power. As I see it, the gauge is really an ammeter, the...
21
21