Latest threads in Classic Cars - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Ford Cortina 1969
I have just obtained an old Ford Cortina 1969 and I am looking for a maintenance manual for it. Can anyone help?
4
4

Economy
According to google's calculator, my average petrol consumption is 222.926421 feet per Imperial teaspoon. Not bad eh?
19
19

Reliant Realto For Sale
Still got TAX on it, nice clean engine and body, missing on one pot at the moment but assured it's plugs and leads. May be useful for a Trike Project :) £150 no offers sorry
2
2

FS. 1985 Rover SD1 Vitesse.
In Billingshurst W Sussex. A very original, low mileage, straight car. No MOT or tax. Quick sale required. (lost my rented garage) Non runner. Last started over a year ago. Believed fuelling fault....

Bentley Picture Gallery
can also post links to your own site/blog. If you think there should be categories for other manufacturers please let me know. Thanks, p.

Re: Antique Classics - Cars That Last
That's the problem.

Keeping warm in an open car with no heater?
Hello All, Thought I'd ask this question as some classic owners might have a good answer :-) I'm driving a DRK Trojan 3 wheeler Morgan rep out to Athens next week. It has no heater. It has a roof, but...
49
49

Austin 1100/1300
Hello, Has anyone here got one of our favourite cars, the Austin 1100/1300 ? What have you got?
8
8

Free to a good home:Austin Metro
For spares. Low mileage motor and recon auto box. Had hoped to use the motor as a basis for a trike but i just haven't got the time nowadays. Lichfield, Staffordshire. Steve

Magazines for pre 1950 Cars
I'm particularly interested in cars made before about 1950 and am wondering if there are any magazines published that cover this period. I'm aware of those you can get from but what I'm wondering is...
3
3

Hey
Hi, As a first post I thought I'd let you know two things. First off, I'm a total classic newbie. I really have no idea at all about how a car works, or about how to restore it (But I am really eager...
8
8

For Sale - Morris Minor Traveller
Morris Minor Traveller - Airforce Blue - May 1970 - 950cc. Nice registration ORV222H. Genuine, tidy car, cheap to run, maintain and insure. Can email photos if you require. MOT - 1 year, TAX -...

Garage vs Car Cover
I am thinking of laying up my 1981 Ford Minster Limousine for the winter. I can either leave it out in the cold with a breathable cover over it or put it in the leaky damp garage. Which is better do...
26
26

Which cars used a Brass Solex 26MV Carb.?
A few weeks ago at the end of a vintage show/working day, a gentleman briefly chatted to me about the brass carb that was on my stationary engine as it was the same as on his car. His carb was not...
10
10

Widow rubber sealer
One of the fixed rear windows on my SD1 is leaking and I'm hoping to sort it properly, which will mean removing it and checking the condition of the paint etc behind the rubber. It's mounted in a...
15
15