Latest threads in Classic Cars - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Rust removal (electrolysis)?
Electrolysis is great. Why didn't my science teacher tell me about this prosess? They told me how to make a nail rusty and how to copper plate one but not how to remove rust. Anyway thats not my...
3
3

Kill Switches
Hi, Reading around the subject it seems the best place to kill the ignition circuit is between the coil and contact breaker + distributor. Frequently posters recommend adding an additional earth lead...
9
9

Classic clothes for your classic car ?
see RetroGirls at
12
12

How to tell whether a car is pos or neg earth?
Hi. How can I tell whether my car is wired positive or negative earth? There is no battery, and the new battery would easily fit either way round - the leads are long enough. The car left the factory...
10
10

this isn't looking good for doner car owners.
is, a lot of restorers have doner cars, a lot of retro/classic modifiers will start with a poor condition example of a car, and a lot of the Rat Rod scene make their cars look as "unroadworthy" as...
44
44

MoT woes
I wonder is anyone else had this problem. I took my car for a prebooked MOT test which had to be cancelled for the sole reason that the make and model couldn't be found on the computer system. This is...
27
27

Reliant axle rebuilder needed
Hello folks, I need to find someone who can rebuild a Reliant Rebel back axle, using the differential unit (including crown wheel and pinion), which I can supply, from a tricycle. I've read it up in...

Traffic Lamp Reflector ??
I recently found in my old man's garage a black and yellow cardboard box from Ford containing a "traffic lamp reflector". It's a kind of glass lens in a metal frame, about 5 by 8 centimeters, somewhat...
1
1

1968 Cortina Owners Handbook Ford FA
' 68 Cortina owners Handbook 60 pages plus fold out Lubricatiobn & Maintenance chart. Great item for the Cortina fan.

Starting Handles
Mm. Early carb v8's had a handle (including the 101) but they were a bugger to start on it. I only have parts manual for Defender 87-on, which clearly shows no provision for a starting handle, so i...
4
4

Timing ford 1100 cross flow engine?
hi I am about to do some work on a 1100 cc cross flow engine (in a 1971 Freeman 23 river boat) which will mean taking the distrubutor off. Does anyone have the correct static timing for this engine? I...
1
1

rear wiper not working..?
Hi - The rear wiper on my '89 Capri 280 has stopped working; this is what I know; I have checked behind the dash switch, and all appears ok. I have taken a picture of the motor; sorry the quality is...
2
2

MGB heater Valve
I've just replaced the heater valve on my 1975 MGB Roadster which was previously jammed open and very hot! However I now find that the heater works but with no hot air. I presume there is an airlock...
1
1

Fiat Alternator
Probably a bit OT for you guys, but has anyone got an alternator for a 1981 Fiat X1/9 knocking around. I really need one at short notice (like by tuesday) and I cant find one locally (Cheltenham...

Whitewall tyres
Where can I buy whitewall tyres from? here in the UK Proper large whitewall, not just a white band. Thank you.
1
1