Latest threads in Classic Cars - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Spitfire 1500 engine
I find engine complete for Triumph Spitfire 1500 for spare my Spit. I not speak englisch sorry, i ame Italian. Grazie ciao ciao Renato
4
4

Semaphore Indicator problems
Hi I have a 1948 Riley anyone have details of how to overhaul them? TIA Mick
11
11

Repair to a capillary thermometer
My four year old Smith's (Holden) capillary water temperature gauge has slowly subsided over the last couple of weeks, so that it now thinks water boils (near sea level!) at 35 degrees centigrade....
5
5

Rear shelf speakers
Hi Folks, The rear shelf not-flush-mounted speakers on my DS have fallen to pieces. Can anyone suggest or recommend a supplier for replacements? The local places only have flush mounted ones. Ian PS...
1
1

1950s car-related logos
I thought I knew where to find these on the net, but they all seem to have disappeared. Anyone know where I can find such things as that nice old flowing Castrol logo, or the BP shield?
3
3

Custom made Extrusions
I'm looking for a company that can make a short run of door and boot seal extrusions for my 1960 Vanden Plas Limousine (unless someone has some new old stock) because none of the car trimming...
5
5

Spitfire fuel meter problem
Long story short: Fuel tank read empty. I filled it up to the brim, but it was only 7.5(US gallons). Fuel tank spec says it's 9.9US gallons. Looks like my fuel tank sending unit's a bit pessemistic. I...
8
8

Citroen AX engine problem
Hi everyone, I,ve got a P reg 950cc dimension. Once the engine has warmed up and I then stop for say 30 minutes when I restart and drive away I get a loss of engine power (usually in 2nd gear) as I...
5
5

Porsche 911 value?
I'm looking to sell my 1982 Porsche 911 3.0 SC and want to know a realistic value. It has 135000 miles , is Quartz metallic in colour with a black/brown leather interior.I have a black leather with...

Chirping Frogeye
Friends My frog has got a "chirp" from the backend on takeup or deceleration (especially noticeable at slow speeds) Sometimes it sounds like 2 chirps close together. I am thinking either wheels (it...
3
3

Searching car history ???
Hi I'm currently restoring an Armstrong Siddeley Whitley of 1952 vintage, While I'm waiting for parts to arrive, I'd like to find out a bit more of the history of the car, I know that it was sold new...
8
8

Advice re attaching Traveller to trailer, for long journey!
Hi. I have a Minor Traveller which is five hundred miles away, and needs to be moved. Just acquired a trailer, which is a caravan conversion - the trailer bed is just flat wood. How best to attach the...
17
17

URGENT HELP NEEDED - Unable to clear air in brakes
I've got an old 1960 Austin Princess with a separate master cylinder (under the chassis) and a reservoir tank under the bonnet. I've tried to change the brake fluid as part of a standard service....
1
1

viva axle
anyone know of a rear axle for vauxhall magnum or similar
3
3

Skoda estelle looking for new home
I've a skoda estelle 120L, with 36k miles on the clock. I;ve had fo the last 10 years. Need to clear space in the garage so if your interested in having htis car let me know. located in Ireland
1
1