Latest threads in Classic Cars - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Impossible Lamps
Does the Lund Headlamp which I am looking at, exist? I've asked everyone for months now and the name Lund has not been heard of! Its just a shallow chrome shelled 7" lamp with the bezel clamped by...
6
6

Headlamp Information
Is there such a thing as a Vintage Headlamp Catalogue/List/Compendium/Thesis for free standing headlamps so I can find where my headlamp belongs? (Lund Lamp) .Vincent
2
2

Alternator warning lights
Hi Folks, I am planning to replace the original alternator on my DS with an internally regulated one - mainly to get rid of the unreliably external regulator and the rat's nest of wiring which goes...
7
7

VW Camper Van - Ouch
Perhaps how you shouldn't use a classic VW camper van..... some guy jumping his aircooled vw van
5
5

SIP Migmate 130 turbo Question. Anyone have one please?
I've lost my manual (Damn and blast) can someone post the power switch settings. It's been a while since I used it last and I have forgoten them.
1
1

Re: Mandatory insurance
News article says: "If you keep a vehicle then it will have to be insured, whether or not it's on the road. That's the implication of a news story today in the insurance industry's magazine Insurance...
69
69

Plastic Pig
Gawd, why do I do these things? Seemed a good idea last night, when I agreed to buy a Reliant Robin for fifty quid. It's a "Super"; W reg; estate sort of shape; Trotter's yellow; no MOT, but...
50
50

Bumper Rechroming
Hi, I'm considering having my front & rear bumpers for my Stag rechromed. I live in South Derbyshire and wondered if anyone might be able to recommend anyone, preferably in and around the midlands...
3
3

What size wheels and tyres
Thanks to all who replied to my last question, regarding identifying a wheel. The follow on is this. I have a Gilbern Invader Mk 3. It is a rebuild project. It comes on a set of Alloy wheels. 2 are...
6
6

1969 Rover P6 V8 3500 Auto
Gentlemen, Could you give me some idea what the above vehicle is worth, it is MOTed with 80,000 on the clock. I would say its in very good condition Class one to two. Martin P
4
4

Triumph Spitfire 1500 Model
Hi All, In the mid 1980's I was stationed at NAS Miramar California, (The place they shot the "Top Gun" movie) I had 1979 Triumph Spitfire 1500, but had to give it up (the Navy had other plans for...
18
18

Vintage Headlamps
Is there any source of general information or cataloguing of vintage headlamps? Particularly no one seems to know of the Lund Lamp headlamp! If you are interested, I have photos. Vincent

Help - broken bonnet cable on Sunbeam Talbot 90
Hi Folks, A friend of mine has a very nice Sunbeam Talbot 90 Mk IIA drop head coupe ( He wentout to tweak the engine today only to find that the bonnet release cable has snapped somewhere in the works...
4
4

Alloy Wheel Identification
Can anyone tell me what this pattern of wheel would have been fitted to originally? only markings I can make out on it are 'MOMO' and the size, 13" x 5,50" I also have one with the same pattern and...
8
8

Re: jacket
no its kak, mind you, may look good on you, may reflect the kak within yourself? buy it as we all know you are a piece of 'kak' >
1
1