Latest threads in Classic Cars - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Volvo Amazon with BW35 auto box - Slipping out of 1st
Hello Everyone I have an Amazon with a BW35 auto box - keeps slipping out of 1st when i try to pull away. If i pull away really slowly on level ground it is ok (usually) but sometimes i can't even...
10
10

Brake cylinder sleeving
Any advice on re-sleeving brake cylinders, please? I have a Bentley Mk VI master cylinder that's not responding to honing, and I'm not too optimistic about the wheel cylinders. Any recommended firms?
12
12

Lucas Headlight Ring Cross Reference
Many cars have chrome/polished stainless trim rings that go around the headlights. I have a set of these brand new in the Lucas box, but all that I know about them is that they are not correct for my...
1
1

Help ..Timing info for 1275cc A series conversion?
Hi, Has anyone ever converted a late 1.3SPi 1275 Mini engine to normally aspirated with electronic ignition? I have just fitted a modern A series with HIF44, K&N air filter, LCB and 2" exhaust. It has...
9
9

VW Fastback for sale
£450 quick sale

Italian Job Cars
Hi, Does anybody know the name of the blue car driven by the mafia boss's chauffeur in this film. It is seen following the convoy. I think it must be a Lancia, Fiat or perhaps an Alfa. Cheers
23
23

Morris Minor
Can anyone recommend some where to get 2 front seats for an F reg moggie. Cheers, Mike
1
1

MGB Panel Identification?
I've just picked up a number of odd MG panels, and I am stuck for an exact identifiaction on one of them. It's unmistakeably the rear valance panel for a rubber bumpered MGB. What I can't work out is...

Custom Windscreen
Is there a UK company that makes one off Windscreens? Either glass or Plastic of some sort? Cheers
5
5

SD1 Vitesse TP bits
A complete set of Twin Plenum injection bits - ie inlet manifold and above, and all the electronics, hoses etc, has just made over 650 quid on Ebay. The same bits for a single plenum make perhaps 120...
9
9

Calling any classic owners in the Mansfield area...
Wonder if anyone can help me out. My daughter (16) and a couple of friends are looking for transport to their school prom in a couple of weeks. It's a journey of about 10 miles. They are responsible...
10
10

Replacement for 11ac alternator
Has anyone replaced an 11AC alternator (with the 4TR and 3AW) with a modern, more readily available unit that fits the same bracket? If so what types are suitable and what terminals did they have?...
1
1

Who was taking the head off a Reliant 750cc recently?
I have a source of a new cyl head for you for free.
6
6

MG TD softtop
I own a MG TD 1952. I put a windscreen on the car and now I aim working on the softtop. But I do not know how to fix the hood on the wooden windscreen rail, If somebody knows the trick please let me...
3
3

Desperately seeking a knob named Mr 'MIKE DEAN'
From accomodation rd, lincs, Is he still living? I've now been released from prison mike.......how about it...'eh?
12
12