BMC A-series main bearing strap

I have bought a steel strap for my 998 Sprite engine, and had the cap machined flat of course. But the oil pick-up pipe is mounted via a bracket which is fixed to the original centre cap. I'm reluctant to drill and tap the strap - rather defeats the purpose of extra strength. Any siggestoions for bracing the pipe? The strap came from Mini Spares and of course they don't have any truck with inline engines - transverse ones are different.

Reply to
Asolepius

Harry the Hippo