Latest threads in Classic Cars - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

fuel tank repair
Does anybody here have any direct experience of any of the various fuel tank repair products on the market ? I have a load of pinholes in the fuel tank of an ancient lawnmower. Whats left of the...
1
1

any old iron ?
Do discarded brake discs - (the "normal" cast iron vented types) have any scrap value ? The bloke down the scrap yard said that he would "let" me put them in his skip, but he couldnt give me anything...
1
1

Lotus for sale
This might be of interest: Locally Grown Lotus Destined to Bloom Again

Re: Triumph Herald Overdrive
Hi all, just resurrecting this thread as I am also looking to add an OverDrive unit to my 1969 13/60 Herald, but to complicate matters my car has had a Spitfire 1500 engine installed. I am new to the...
7
7

Retrofit Flasher debug
I am trying to fix a flasher system that was a retrofit on a post-war car. The usual Lucas-style side light adapters are installed, adding the second bulb holder to the original wing-mounted...
47
47

have you seen this bumper ?
As part of the rolling restoration of one of my Jaguars, I recently picked up a job lot of bumpers which includes a couple which I don’t need. It has been suggested to me that they are from a Jag...
3
3

Waterless Engine Coolant
Has anybody tried this? Is it as good as it is made out to be? TIA.
2
2

Satnav updates
When I owned a Renault Laguna a few years ago, the cost to buy an update Satnav CD was about £120. I have no idea how long it would have been before another one was needed to update that. I declined....
6
6

I reported a pothole..
And I got this reply: "Date reported: 25/01/2023 Description: Hole approx. size of dinner plate. Following your recent report, we are pleased to confirm that we have ordered work to be carried out...
4
4

Range Rover Vogue 80s / 90s - Is it a real classic?
Hi, I'm thinking of buying an late 80s / early 90s Range Rover Vogue. Wanted to get some buying advice. - Is it considered a classic, i.e. is it likely to go up in value? - Any particular models /...

Speeding.
Got 'flashed' the other day. Not seeking sympathy - I knew the camera was there. Got the summons, and seems they want to send me on a speed awareness course. Speed on the summons? 26 mph. I expect the...
3
3

Changes to Rules of the Road
Not very well publicised, but we all need to take more care: or:
4
4

Ping Dave Plowman
Dave, You have often referred to your having a smart charger permanently installed in your SD1. Is the output permanently connected to the battery, as I have visions of a huge current draw, frying the...
7
7

Hub caps
WhenIpurchased my car it had a new set of hubcaps included and they are the same diameter as the originals but using normal hand pressure I am unable to fit them over the wheel sprigs - any other...
1
1

Brake bleed nipples.
Just idly wondered why pretty well all the pipe threads to wheel cylinders and calipers are 10mm (spanner size 11mm) and the bleed nipples use the same thread, but not an 11mm hex? It appears to be...
1
1