Latest threads in Chevy Corvette Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Rear Spring Pack Creak
I've had an ongoing problem with the rear leaf spring making a loud thud when going diagonally into a driveway to keep from scraping. It's on an '04 Z06. I believe it started after I had a fuel pump...
1
1

1970 350 cu. in. convertible brakes, on-going problems
About the end of March I asked this group about the brakes on my 1970 350 cu in. 350 hp. convertible. The consensus was new callipers. I got new back callipers and all the parking brake bits and that...
4
4

Re: OT- prepping car for daughter at college
Leave the new Toyota at home. Get a 1984 Pontiac P.O.S. to replace it - with at least 100k miles on the clock. Put a shop manual and a good set of tools in the trunk.
1
1

Re: OT- prepping car for daughter at college
Man, I have been hanging around Corvette Forum too much lately. The first thoughts in my mind were "pics of daughter?" lol It is a Corolla. It is possibly one of the most reliable if not the most...

Re: Salvage title
If you plan on keeping it to the grave, no problem. All DMV's now report salvage titles to ALVIN. CARFAX most likely has it documented as they subscribe to ALVIN. There are a few states that will not...

Re: OT- prepping car for daughter at college
I'm going to assume she already has a cell phone, most have break-down coverage as part of the plan. Your insurance Company may offer it as well. If you use "all" the Services of AAA Membership, then...

Re: OT- prepping car for daughter at college
Get the car registered in her name as soon as she is 18. You do not need the liability for her driving. I also have the insurance and all in my kids' name. All insurance payments come from the kid and...

Re: OT- prepping car for daughter at college
Sounds great. Check the car out and get AAA. Also inform here in what to do if in an accident, what to do if broken down at night, if she gets in a road rage incident, etc. I did the same for my four...

Re: Salvage title
Salvage title means it has been totaled by an insurance company in the past. If you care about resale value then pass it up. At resale time, unless you have a very special car, buyers can choose...

Parking/Turn Signal Lights
I blew a bulb - 3157nak and followed the recommendation below - cool, no jacking up the car, but... I am not familiar with a 3157nak bulb. I am able to reach it, even with both hands, but it won't...
2
2

Collector Insurance?
Hey guys is there a group consensus on which company to get "Collector Car Insurance"? i.e like Haggerty or Grundy, etc.? I want to move my '94 6sp Ragtop from USAA. And if I remember correct there is...
1
1

P275/40ZR18
I have a screw in my Goodyear P275/40ZR18 and it leaks slowly. Can I get it plugged or am I 'screwed"?
5
5

Don't believe Corvette owners lies about supposed fuel economy
They'll lie and tell people that Corvettes get 28 MPG, when the truth is that the C6 ZO6 gets 24 MPG, the C6 Auto Coupe gets 25 mpg, and the C6 Manual gets 26 MPG. It costs well over $5 just to drive...
69
69

1958 Corvette in Cuba
Here is one at a wedding: Corvettes were popular among those who could afford sports cars in pre- Castro Cuba as were MGs & Jaguars. Fulgencio Batista gave a 1956 or 1957 Corvette to one of his sons...

small automatic shift issue on 76 vette
I notice that when I put the ole slug into gear that the position between drive and neutral does not lock in. In other words, I can push the shifter into neutral without pushing the shifter button....
7
7