Best Rated threads in Chevy Corvette Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Common ground C5?
I installed a new ABS module during the summer and solved my C1214 code problem. Recently it began a series of codes about every third or fourth start. The codes this go around are 1689, 1241, 1248,...
9
9

Transmission will not engage after engine rebuild..... help?
I recently had to rebuild my 1976 corvette SBC engine since the camshaft was badly worn on it. After a few challenges (since I am just a weekend mechanic pushed into service when I cannot avoid it), I...
3
3

C5 AC Blower Motor Noise
Blower was making a rattling sound and increased when making a left turn. Problem: The drain for the AC evaporator was plugged. Motor and resistor were soaked with standing water in the enclosure.....
12
12

GM "TORX" screws for headlights
Hi, I'm just ready to replace my first headlight on my C4. According to the manual I have to remove these apecial screws. Is that suppoded to come with my tools ? I have the ratchet wrench for the top...
6
6

'84 crossfire to carburator conversion (2023 Update)
Hello All Again, After doing tremendous research I think the conversion is not very difficult as long as certain things are compromised. Please allow me to run these things by everyone for comment. 1....
20
20

C4 targa top headliner replacement
anyone replaced one?? mine was sagging so i pulled it apart.. the fiberglass insulation under it came apart.. corvette america listed the assembly but they cannot get anymore.. corvette america has a...
5
5

96 C4 AC/Heat Blower/Vent problem
My AC/Heat works great but it will not switch from blowing from the floor vents to blowing out the dash vents, it use to do it aftewr a few minutes or so but now it has stopped doing it and stay on...
6
6

1990 Driver Information Center (DIC) Indicator Bulbs
Has any one out there replaced or had a need to replace indicator bulbs in the Driver Information Center? I believe two of the bulbs are out - the ABS and SIR system indicators. They do not light in...

Help -- L98 aluminum head plug torque - 1989-1990 ??
Factory shop manual (1989) discusses aluminum head considerations (anti-seize etc.) and says 22 Ft-lbs. Happened to look in Haynes for C4s. It says 22 Ft-lbs for cast iron heads and 12 Ft-lbs. for...
2
2

Interior lights '85
When I open the passenger door the interior lights work fine and the security light flashes. When I open the drivers door the interior lights do not come on however, the security light still flashes....
3
3

White Smoke
I have a 1990 corvette....when I start the vehicle I get white smoke from the exhaust..is this die to a bad head gasket..cracked head..etc...what can I check to determine what the problem could be...
9
9

05 C6 Victory Red paint problem
Bought an '05 C6 from dealer in April of '05 here in Maine. Stored it Oct-June, got it detailed in June at the dealership where they found "environmental" damage to the paint that GM won't cover after...
10
10

'94 LT1 runs rough when hot
My '94 LT1 runs smooth for the first 50 miles until engine temp gets hot. When it is hot and I am in stop and go traffic with the A/C on, engine surges and sometimes runs rough. At that point, engine...
1
1

What became of John Amgwert, former editor of NCRS Restorer Magazine?
Hi group: I'm trying to get in touch with John Amgwert, the former editor of the NCRS Restorer Magazine. I googled him and came up with no postings to any Newsgroups. If you know how I can reach John,...

P0113 and Active Handling Warming Up Issues
My mag red 6 speed 99 has been problem free since I bought it until last night. I've never see a Active Handling Warming message on my DIC. My friend see's it all the time on his 04 and it goes out...
3
3

how to remove 95 corvette roof
I bought an 85 corvette couple with the removable glass roof. I don't know how to remove the roof. I did not get an owners manual. I have torx wrenches, but I can't believe I need to actually remove...
10
10

Anti-theft horn 1980 C3
Can anyone tell me were the anti-theft horn is at and how to deactivate the system until I find the problem? I went to open my car door today and the alarm kept going off and the only way to stop the...
7
7

C5 Peeling Coating on Glass Roof
I have found a partial solution for the classic problems with the transparent glass roof for the C5. These often have their hard, outer coating peel off. The damage is always a stripe on the passenger...
2
2

C4 Steering Lock Problem
I can't lock the steering wheel or remove the key. I know there is a link from the shifter (4 + 3 tranny) to the steering column. How do I get at the shifter linkage to check the connection? I have...
2
2

Looking for 1979 stingray
looking for an old beat up 1979 stingray to fix up, parts cars only, or in some kind of running condition. please through me a reply if you have an old beat up corvette that you need to get rid of...