How often to recharge a battery, C5

I have a C5 put up for the winter. Any idea what interval the battery needs a recharge? How long can I go before the security system, clock, etc. runs the battery dangerously low?

Mike

Reply to
Mike Nelson

put a battery tender on it and forget about it..

my2¢

Reply to
'Key

=================== I'll add my 2 cents to yours .... simple, cheap, and gosh you never have to remember when you last charged the battery....

I have 6 of the tenders blinking away in my garage ...right now... and the only thing I worry about is not loosing them during the summer...

Bob G.

Reply to
Bob G.

A battery is not practical as the car is stored where there is no power (I'll fix that next year). In the mean time, I need to drag a long extension out to periodically charge to. So the question is.... how often?

Mike

Reply to
Mike Nelson

Sorry Mike, that's an impossible question to answer. It can be influenced by a number of things the least of which is the electrical/electronic health of your C5. Next comes the condition/age of your battery and then how cold it gets where it's stored. The other side of the coin is to remove it and bring it into a warmer environment and keep it charged there. I've had them sit for over a month while I was in Europe without a starting problem when I returned. Not that lucky all of the time though, the Eldorado went dead in 3 days a couple of times. From that kind of experience I'd say somewhere after 3 days and no later than a month. My best guess would be 2 weeks.

My '72 is not driven in the winter and although I have electricity in the storage area I do not run a charger. It just does not lose its charge, rare for a C3. The '65 Mustang and the '50 Chevy coupe have their batteries in the basement, no computer issue there.

Reply to
Dad

I would get a "heavt duty extension", drag it out there and leave it. till I could make it more perminate. but in answer to your question, refer to Dads responce. news:TsSdnf1qwPsVByHenZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@bright.net

g'day

Reply to
'Key