Looking for a tire recommendation (2023 Update)

Hello,

I don't know if anyone still checks out this group, but I thought it might bring people out of the woodwork. I have a 1982 Corvette that is getting ready for new tires. The old ones are from the last batch of Eagle GT IIs that were available in this area (SE Florida, USA). It had Eagle GTs before that. The car is used for general driving and the rare track holiday. I'd like to find tires made in the USA by a recognizable company. The local dealers are selling all kinds of foreign tires that I've had no experience with. Thus far I've not seen anything I like. I was wondering if someone here might have a recommendation as to what to look for.

Thank you,

David

Reply to
David LaRue

hyflyer

Ron,

Thank you for the recommendation. They have two suggestions, one of which might do. At least they still go back beyond 1982 on their lists. Many other sites cut off at 1984 or later. We still have 1950 era cars in my area. They are beautiful. I'll keep looking. The Goodrich tires they recommend might look good on my car.

Thank you,

David

snipped-for-privacy@myway.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Reply to
David LaRue

Do they make a size in Toyo Tires for your Corvette? Many have had good luck with them on the C5 - a big improvement on the Goodyear stock ones.

This is a response to the post seen at:

MummyChunk