PhotoRADAR starts tomorrow; any advice on this lens?

I just read in out local newspaper that a 'pilot' PhotoRADAR and Red Light camera program starts tomorrow in my area.

Does anyone has experience, or has heard about the effectiveness of this item:

It looks as if it could work.

Please do not hijack this thread into a moral question about trying to break the law. PhotoRADAR is for revenue generation only-not the reduction of speeders.

In the Cincinnati area, they found that one PhotoRADAR unit generated $700/hour with the limit set to 6MPH over the 35MPH limit.

The Indiana State Police found that having a police car parked on the side of the road, without RADAR, or lights, reduced speeding 99% on I65. Their 'ghost cop' program was a success, but did not generate revenue, and they abandoned the program way back in 1982.

Several articles have shown statistics that Red Light cameras increase rear end collisions over the amount of any accidents made from red light runners.

I also used to work in the vehicular speed detection industry, and know the reasons why police municipalities buy RADAR guns.

So, please spare me the lecture on why photoRADAR is a good thing.

The Arizona legislature voted today against making these license plate lens illegal.

Any comments, advice, or suggestions on these lenses is appreciated.

Bill

Reply to
billccm

For $28 ..... its worth a try

I've used the Laser Shield for years, and even tho they can 'get ya', it usually takes 2 or more tried with laser gun ( they first try the license plate, then the windshield) hopefully your laser detector has gone off with the first shot so you can slow down.

Reply to
labtech1

On 24 Jan 2007 20:53:16 -0800, "billccm" puked:

Why? So you can spam with impunity?

lab~rat >:-)

---snip---

Reply to
'Key

Reply to
X-Eliminator

Absolutely true. They will take it if a byproduct of this is reduced speeds. But it damn sure isn't there prime motivation.

Don't ya love it when Law Enforcement twists, manipulates and/or breaks the law but are "outraged" when citizens do it! You'd think they were our current Presidential Admin! LOLOLOLOL

Reply to
RicSeyler

As opposed to our stellar Clinton administrations?

Reply to
Dad

It will probably work with single or two camera intersections. In our town we're on our third contractor for 'red-lite camera.' Latest 'large intersection' configuration is with four cameras, multiple strobes and a sequence of shots. When it fires, it's "impressive" -- particularly at night.

I swear that someone is going to be startled/blinded by all the action and have a fatal collision.

One of the shots might 'see through' the lens. It can't hurt to give it a try unless local laws prohibit anything covering the license plate. (However, I'm stumped by how a local law could override the state vehicle code.) Piece of the action for the lawyers!

-- PJ

Reply to
PJ

Bill Clinton doesn't have anything to do with the massive follies and the utter incompetence this Admin has wrought on us. We ain't livin in the past.

Now having said that, I'm damn sure not voting for Hillary. NADA, no way.

Reply to
RicSeyler

You won't have to, there are plenty of other weak minds out there that will. All I can remember is the past, don't have the clairvoyance you seem to have but don't see you ever becoming even a bad president let alone a president. If you really think Slick Willy has nothing to do with what's going on right now I can see why you're not president material.

Now highjack the thread as he wished you wouldn't and see if it gets a better response.

Reply to
Dad

Now you got the answer, where were you when we needed you to be less self-serving and a bit smarter. Could they have used your help in Darfur, or any other of the countries that have been taken over by greed while we watch? You're letting it happen here with the bonuses being passed out to failed CEO, COO, and CFO efforts. You're allowing those administrations to tax us on every conceivable money, property, or labor transaction. How have you helped or have you just sucked up as much of the soft life as you could and kept your head down so YOU wouldn't lose the soft life we lead here?

Whether you like it or not you're as much of the problem as Bush or Clinton ever could have been or will be. You're still able to speak your mind in a forum that was not designed for that particular subject because at some point someone else put their life on the line for that right. Most say they respect your right to say that kind of crap but who out there respects others right to live, let alone enjoy the right to speak their mind. Should we as a nation just hide our heads and live it up until it falls in on us?

In other words if your ego is so fragile that you need to flaunt you superior decision making ability why not do it where it is wanted or might be useful? Gaining that kind of power do you think you would be any less effective or less criticized than Bill, George, Ronald, Jimmy, Dick, Gerald, Lyndon, or John?

Take it someplace else, please.

Reply to
Dad

What have you done to stop it, hijack a thread??

I consider most of our lives in the USA soft, where do you think you could go and it be any more easy than it is here?

So you think waging war is a flawless operation and the reporting to make it as horrible as possible is OK? Just for the sake of argument I think that our news media has cost us more lives over there than the military screws ups, can you prove it different? Next comes our inept congress, then I think Bush can be added to the list. Let it be known I'm not a Bush supporter as you seem to think but there are directions he has taken that I think are right.

It's OK when you have nothing of value to say to start throwing me in with dictators.

Snip

Yes, you do, few, if any have thrown in a political snipe as frequantly as you do. This will be my first year for not holding an office of some sort and it always lights my fire when those that won't take the initive to get involved take pot shots at things that don't go their way while making no effort to change it the right way. Reminds me of the saying that "Empty drums make the most noise".

Not really, thought I had ask politely.

Not sure why you think I have egg on my face or is it because that's what you're throwing, I thought it was BS. Why would you think less of Colin Powell's career because of something someone else did? How shallow.

No. Lets get back to Corvettes.

Reply to
Dad