01' grand caravan power hatch

01' grand caravan with 30k miles - power hatch will opens / closses off & on. Have to manually open if temp below 70 outside or after I've done it a few times that day. Help! (I use a power wc with a bruno curbsider lift so I have used the power hatch frequently - many times a day.) Could it be low on hydrolic fluid and if so how do I replenish? - Thanks!
Reply to
cripd

& on. Have to manually open if temp below 70 outside or after I've done it a few times that day. Help! (I use a power wc with a bruno curbsider lift so I have used the power hatch frequently - many times a day.) Could it be low on hydrolic fluid and if so how do I replenish? - Thanks!

This system was designed to be diagnosed by the scan tool that the dealers use, I will say this, the biggest problem we have been seeing on your particular complaint is a faulty latch assembly for the liftgate Taking it to the dealer for proper diagnois would be your best bet

There is a temp inhibitor used on this system that will prevent the door from working if it is below 12 degrees or above 143 degrees, I dont think we have to worry about that right now

Reply to
maxpower